Saturday 23 January 2021

Less is More Challenge #435

Good morning

It's Saturday and time for another new challenge over at Less is More.  This time we have a Recipe challenge for you.  So as always, just follow the CAS guidelines and follow the theme which is...




We have a wonderful Guest Designer joining us for this challenge, Caroline Paton of KISS - Keep It Sweet and Simple, who was our November challenge winner.  She has made a really cute 'In a Row' card so please do take a look and say hi.

Ok, on to my card and I've used a die to create my row, one that's been in my stash for some time but so far unused...


Although this looks super simple it did take a bit of time to create as it was quite fiddly.  I die cut the row of flowers, keeping the flower centres off to one side, and left a wide section below to stamp the sentiment.  I then coloured all the flowers with Copics, together with those little yellow centres.  Once trimmed to the exact width of my card base I added a wide strip of 3D foam behind the sentiment section and then individual tiny pieces of 3D foam behind each flower head.  I adhered the strip to my card base and the sticky sections which showed through the blue flowers then allowed me to adhere the yellow centres back in place.


Materials used:
  • Die: Lawn Fawn -Straight Flower Border
  • Stamp: Altenew - Happy Mail
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Coloured with Copic markers

Challenge entries:

AAA Cards - CAS Game #181 - Up to One Third
Happy Little Stampers - January Anything Goes with Dies challenge
NBUS - Challenge #22 - first use of this die





As always, the challenge will be running for the next fortnight, so there's plenty of time to get your entries in.




10 comments:

  1. This is so springy and wonderful on this blustery day. I can only imagine the time it took to create it, but well worth the effort. Wonderful make for our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a very cute card...BUT way too "fiddly" for me! Think I might have trimmed several flowers to make it simpler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet line up of flowers, so pretty! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a CAS-tastic card Anita! You sure had me fooled about how you did the flowers. I was convinced you had die cut them several times in different coloured card. I'll have to remember your trick of using pens to colour like that. Well, it was certainly worth all the time it took to make as it is superb! (and yet another one of us uses something that's been in our stash for ages). xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love your little row of flowers! Thanks for playing along with us at AAACards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful fun card! I'm not sure that I would have the patience to create one like it plus my fingers are far too fat to deal with those small centres!! I love it.#
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just so pretty! Love it! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so sweet Anita, beautifully coloured too.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute and sweet! The little die-cuts are adorable! Great to see you in the HLS gallery. Hope you will join us this month too! Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty and what patience to colour this row of small flowers ! Can't wait to see spring coming. Gorgeous take on our challenge. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...