Saturday 6 July 2019

Less is More Challenge #399

Good morning

It's new challenge day over at Less is More.  For the next fortnight we have a Theme challenge for you with lots of scope, here is the cue card...


As it's a new month we also have a new sponsor for you which is the awesome Skull and Cross Buns, so by playing along in our challenges will put you in the running for our monthly prize for July!

We also have a fabulous Guestie joining us this week and I'm sure you'll know her as one of our regular participants at Less is More, the super talented Viv, who was our May winner.  She has a stunning card to share for this challenge so please do pop over to her blog to take a look and say hi.


I've had this last week off work and the weather has been glorious which is pretty rare when I book a week as holiday, so I've been out and about making the most of it, so much so that I've only had chance to make one card for you this time I'm afraid.  I'm on the Design Team for Skull and Cross Buns so when a little package of new goodies arrived from the lovely Emily I wanted to use one of the new stencils on my card project.  

So here it is...


I've not seen any other animal print stencils before so just couldn't wait to have a play with this one!  I began by using the large balloon edge die to cut a corner from some kraft cardstock. I then blended some Distress Ink in from the edge to give it some depth and then blended through the stencil with black ink.  I tied some twine around the balloon and then adhered the die cut using fun foam onto the upper corner of my card base, cut from linen cardstock.  I then used three shades of pigment ink and, using my MISTI, repeatedly stamped 'celebrate' to create an ombre effect.  The remaining part of the sentiment was stamped below in black ink.


Materials used:
  • Die: MFT - Blueprints 26
  • Stencil: Skull and Cross Buns - Leopard Animal Print Stencil
  • Cardstock: Neenah - Dessert Storm; linen cardstock from stash
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Tea Dye, Black Soot; Versa Color - Sand Beige, Pinecone, Charcoal; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Stamps: Paper Smooches - Sentiment Sampler; Avery Elle - Party Animal
  • Twine: Hemptique - Earthy set

Challenge entries:

STAMPlorations - Summer Theme & Sketch Challenge - Stamp and Anything Goes
STAMPlorations - Summer CAS Card Challenge - AG CAS



Thanks, as always, for stopping by.  I hope you can join in our Celebrations challenge, the linky is open until 19 July, so plenty of time for you to pop your entries into our gallery :)

7 comments:

  1. Lovely! Great theme too, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wonderful and unique card Anita! That animal print balloon is fantastic and you are right, there aren't many or even any animal print stencils around. Your subtle inking on both the sentiment and the edges of the balloon is wonderful. I'm so glad you had some good weather for your week off. Enjoy an amazing weekend too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Anita! I love that animal print stencil too, looks amzing on this card ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic, Anita. What a great idea to use the animal print on the balloon. I just love it - perfect sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I love this Anita, I would never think to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. An animal print balloon?! How clever and so perfect with that sentiment too Anita!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...