Wednesday 10 July 2019

Designing for Honey Doo Crafts - Floral Display Stencil

Hi guys

Today I'm sharing more makes using products by Honey Doo Crafts, some of which will be showcased on Hochanda (Sky 673 / Freeview 85) this coming Friday, 12 July, at 10am and 3pm.

I'm also over the moon to share that I'm now officially a member of the Honey Doo Crafts Design Team!!  I'm so happy to be joining Amanda and the team, and to continue creating samples using the fabulous products Honey Doo has to offer.

As well as lots of stamp sets, Honey Doo also have some fabulous stencils, all of which are a great size.  They are A5 (UK sizing), which measure 8 1/4 x 5 3/4 inches, and today I have two sample cards for you, both using the beautiful Floral Display Stencil.  One card colours the positive image and the other has the colour within the negative parts.

For my first card I used embossing paste...


I mixed some embossing paste with a little Distress Oxide ink to create the pretty coral shade and began by spreading the paste through the stencil onto some white cardstock, just covering the first third of the stencil.  I then added more paste to the mix and blended so the shade was a little paler and covered the second third of the stencil, then once more added more paste which created the palest shade to cover the final third of the stencil.  By overlapping each third slightly created a soft ombre effect.  At this stage, once the stencil is lifted away, be sure to clean the stencil in warm soapy water as the paste does begin to dry quite quickly.

Once the panel was dry I trimmed it down and matted it onto some textured silver cardstock before adhering flat to the card base.  Then, using a circle die cut, I blended with the same shade of Distress Oxide and then splattered it with water and blotted away the droplets.  Once dry I heat embossed the sentiment in white and adhered the die cut to the card using 3D foam.


Materials used:

  • Stencil: Honey Doo Crafts - Floral Display
  • Embossing Paste: Dreamweaver - White Matte
  • Ink: Distress Oxide - Abandoned Coral; VersaMark
  • Stamp: Honey Doo Crafts - Hopeful and Happy Quotes
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Opaque Bright White


My second card uses the same stencil, but this time using the emboss resist technique...


On a panel of white cardstock I pressed through the stencil with my VersaMark ink pad and then heat embossed the pattern with clear powder.  I then blended over the resisting embossed areas of the pattern with Distress Oxide inks.  Next I cut the panel down using a stitched rectangle die and used a single hole punch to cut two notches in the panel before wrapping some looped ribbon around it and adhering the panel to the card base.  I heat embossed the sentiment in white onto a black die cut tag, trimmed this with the same ribbon and popped it up on 3D foam.


Materials used:

  • Stencil: Honey Doo Crafts - Floral Display
  • Ink: VersaMark; Distress Oxide - Blueprint Sketch, Mermaid Lagoon, Twisted Citron
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Clear Gloss, Opaque Bright White
  • Dies: Create a Smile - Double Stitched Rectangles; MFT Die-namics - Stitched Traditional Tag Stax
  • Stamp: Honey Do Crafts - Just in Case


Thanks so much for looking, I'll be back hopefully tonight, and over the next few days to share my remaining samples before the Hochanda shows on Friday, but if you can't wait to see them, all the Honey Doo products I've used are all available to purchase direct from the website, here.

I hope to see you again soon.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...