Saturday 25 May 2019

Less is More Challenge #396

Good morning, crafters!

New challenge day is upon us once again over at Less is More, and today we're back with a Recipe challenge.  Here's the cue card with details of what we want to see you creating and sharing with us...


We're specifying less than one third to be true to our challenge guidelines and our love of unpatterned/untextured white space.


Continuing as our sponsor for this month is the fabulous and generous CAS-ual Fridays Stamps


and don't forget, as well as our monthly prize, they are also offering the discount code below



So, without further ado, I'll move on to my sample cards.  And it appears my mojo has returned, I have four cards for you!!!

Here's the first, and my favourite of this batch of makes...


I began with the dragonfly die cut, cut from white cardstock.  I squidged my VersaMark pad over it, held it with tweezers and poured two different embossing powders over it.  I heated it to melt the powders then repeated the process twice more to create the glossy effect.  On the card base I blended through a leaf stencil with Distress Ink and stamped the sentiment in metallic pigment ink.  To finish I adhered the body of the dragonfly only, and manipulated the wings upwards for some dimension.


Materials used:

  • Die: Clearly Besotted - Dragonfly Die Collection
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Peppermint Tea, Metallic Copper
  • Stencil: Funky Fossil - Forest Foliage
  • Stamp: Clearly Besotted - Make a Wish
  • Ink: VersaMark; Distress Ink - Lucky Clover; Versa Color - Bronze

Challenge entries:

AAA Cards - CAS Game #140 - Up to One Third (not twisting this time)




Onto my second card, and some simple stamping and heat embossing...


I chose a teal card base and panel for this one.  Before stamping the images with VersaMark I treated the surface with an anti-static powder tool to avoid the embossing powder clinging to unstamped areas of the panel.  I used parts of the same floral image at the top and base of my panel, and heat embossed these along with the sentiment in white embossing powder.  Once cooled I used a soft cloth to ensure no anti-static powder remained on the panel.  It was then adhered using fun foam.


Materials used:

  • Cardstock from stash
  • Stamps: Honey Doo Crafts - Roses and Lilies; MFT - Grand Peaceful Wildflowers (sentiment)
  • Ink: VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Opaque Bright White

Challenge entries:

Moving Along with the Times - Challenge #98 - Monochrome Colour



I'm not loving this next one but thought I'd share it anyway..


I used a floral corner embossing folder on a white cardstock panel here and stamped the sentiment in pigment ink.  I adhered the panel flat to the card base then added some Nuvo drops to the centre of the flowers.  My drops weren't behaving and weren't coming out evenly so the look isn't really what I was going for but it's still quite a cute card.  I thought the embossing alone wasn't enough but perhaps it needed embellishing in a different way.  I might revisit this one :)

Materials used:

  • Embossing Folder: Craft Concepts - Florette
  • Stamp: Wplus9 - Strictly Sentiments
  • Ink: Versa Color - Lagoon Blue
  • Accents: Nuvo Crystal Drops - Carnation Pink

Challenge entries:

Alphabet Challenge - E is for Embossing Folder



For my final card I embossed a panel using a die set...


I used a set of dies, a tulip square and pierced frame, to emboss a panel using an embossing mat in my Big Shot.  I trimmed around the edge of the frame then die cut a slightly larger pierced square from purple mirri card.  I adhered the mirri square flat to the base then popped up the tulip square on 3D foam strips.  I used a bold sentiment below the focal point to finish the card.


Materials used:

  • Dies: Creative Expressions - Tulip Flower Square; MFT Die-namics - Pierced Square Stax
  • White and mirri card from stash
  • Stamp: Clearly Besotted - Brushed Greetings II
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black

Challenge entries:

Allsorts Challenge - Week 520/1 - Happy Birthday 
The Flower Challenge - Challenge #32 - Embossing




There are so many ways to add embossed details to your cards.  If you need some inspiration please do visit the main Less is More challenge blog, here, to see what my teamies have been creating.  I'm looking forward to seeing your creations in our gallery, and don't forget, the linky is open for a fortnight so plenty of time to play along.

13 comments:

  1. Stunning! All of them! So pleased to see that gorgeous dragonfly card linked up at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous cards!! I love the first one with the lovely way you embossed with the powders!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card for our challenge but they are all lovely, thanks for joining us at MAWTT , xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are beautiful! I really love them both but the one you dry embossed for our challenge is lovely! Beautifully done. Thank you for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge and hope you join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A real bumper post of lovely CAS creations. It's lovely to see you at Allsorts 10th Birthday celebrations , thanks so much for joining in the fun.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Anita... You have been very productive! I love all the ideas here and it's hard to choose a favorite! I love the shiny dragon fly in your first card, it adds a lot of dimension and the card design with the stenciled background looks just fabulous. The second card with white heat embossing and navy card... This looks so beautiful. Maybe I'll choose this as my fave. :) Great use of flower stamps and this is something I'll definitely want to CASE one day! I suck at embossing with dies so am super impressed of your final card. Lots of inspiration here. Have a good week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Four gorgeous cards Anita! I love the white embossing on the teal cardstock, stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! It surely looks like said Mojo has returned! I love that first card so much. I love dragonflies, and the metallic look and shine on that beautiful insect are wonderful. I love the stencil you've chosen to set it on, and the color too. Just gorgeous. Your sympathy card is simple and beautiful. The third - great idea. I will love to see what comes of your re-visit. Your final beautiful birthday card is just lovely. Love the color you used for your shiny mat. Love the embossed tulip. A wonderful set of creations, Anita. Fabulous takes on the cue. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, Anita ! When your mojo returns, it does not pretend ! Love them all and especially the two first cards. Your dragonfly card is just wonderful. The white embossing on the dark blue cardstock is very eye-catching too. Gorgeous embossed tulip, beautifully highlighted with the pink mirror frame. Fabulous showcase for CAS embossing. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely projects! Thank you for joining our anniversary challenge at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card!
    Thank you for celebrating Allsorts birthday challenge;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great set of cards! Thank you for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge. Sian (DT).

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! You were really on a roll this week Anita, in fact I'd say you were on fire! All of these cards are absolute stunners and I've been admiring them over on Instagram. Each design is so unnique and you have inspired with a showcase of techniques here. Fan- tas- tic! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...