Friday 9 November 2018

Guest Designer for Honey Doo Crafts - Selection Three

Hello again

I was going to leave this post until a little later in the day but decided to just hit Publish right away, why not eh?!

I had great fun creating with the wonderful Honey Doo Crafts stamps for my Guest Designer spot.  They will be featuring these stamp sets on the craft channel, Hochanda, tomorrow 10 November 2018.

Here are more of my makes to whet your appetite.

First up, I've used the absolutely gorgeous set called Flower Arrangement.  It's a large stamp set and the detail on these florals is stunning.  I've kept this first card super simple, and it's my favourite from all of my Guest Designer makes...


I wanted to create a vintage feel for this card so chose a cream card base and panel.  The image I've created is actually made up of three of the smaller stamps from this set, the flower, leaves and berry sprig.  A little masking was required for this.  I simply stamped with Distress Ink and then used a small amount of water and a paint brush to draw the colour in from the edges.  I love this technique with Distress Inks, it's so easy.  I used a pierced square die to cut out my image and used a slightly larger die from the same set to emboss my card base then popped the image up on 3D foam.  I then simply stamped the sentiment below in a co-ordinating ink.


Materials used:

  • Stamps: Honey Doo - Flower Arrangement, Birthday Sentiments
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Pumice Stone; Versafine - Smokey Gray
  • Dies: MFT Die-namics - Pierced Square Stax


Next up, I've used the Flower Arrangement set together with another of the large sets called Paint Splodges...



This is one of my favourite layouts for CAS cards.  I started by masking a horizontal panel and then stamped above and below it, first with various paint splodges in bright colours, and then with the floral images just in black.  I just love the detail of these flowers and leaves.  I removed the masks and then stamped the sentiment in between.  I felt something was missing so I added some embossed silver lines.  I did this by adding masks, leaving just a thin line visible, then pushing through the gap with VersaMark ink.  The masks were then removed and the embossing powder added and heated.


Materials used:

  • Stamps: Honey Doo - Flower Arrangement, Paint Splodges, Birthday Sentiments
  • Ink: Altenew - Tide Blue, Coral Berry, Deep Iris; Versafine - Onyx Black; VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Metallic Silver


For this next make I used the beautiful Spring Flowers set along with the co-ordinating dies...


These images were just shouting to be inked in pastels, they're so pretty.  So I took some white cardstock, stamped and heat embossed the flowers in white and then coloured them by blending with Distress Inks before die cutting them out.  Using a panel of white cardstock slightly smaller than the card base, I stamped the sentiment off to the left, positioned the flowers where I wanted them and stamped the leaves in a pale green/grey ink.  The panel was then popped up on fun foam and the flowers permanently adhered in place, the top one on glue dots.  I love these flowers, aren't they pretty...


Materials used:

  • Stamps: Honey Doo - Spring Flowers, Birthday Sentiments
  • Dies: Honey Doo - Spring Flowers
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Squeezed Lemonade, Tumbled Glass, Spun Sugar, Shaded Lilac; Versafine - Onyx Black; Versa Color - Laurel Leaf; VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Opaque Bright White


Last up, I've used Spring Flowers again and Paint Splodges, although very difficult to see the effect on camera...



I die cut a white panel with a stitched rectangle and stamped the flower with two shades of Distress Ink by dabbing one in the centre, and one around the petals.  I used the same technique as with the first card, using a small amount of water to draw the colour in from the edges.  I then stamped the sentiment with an ombre effect using two shades of pigment ink, and my MISTI to enable multiple stamping.  Although I love CAS it did look a little plain so I stamped one of the large paint splodges and embossed with a clear embossing powder which has an iridescent sparkle.  The gloss of the EP is picked up in the photo below, but not the sparkle unfortunately...


The panel was then adhered to the card base using a piece of fun foam.

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Honey Doo - Spring Flowers, Birthday Sentiments, Paint Splodges
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Carved Pumpkin, Candied Apple; Versa Color - Marigold, Camelia; VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: All Night Media - Crystal Sparkle



Don't forget, Honey Doo Crafts have two upcoming shows on the craft shopping channel, Hochanda (Freeview 85 / Sky 673) tomorrow, 10 November 2018, a 10am and 2pm GMT.  And I hope you will be able to tune in tomorrow to see these fabulous products in their full glory, you won't be disappointed.


Thanks once again for visiting, I really appreciate each and every one of you that stops by :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...