Thursday 8 November 2018

Guest Designer for Honey Doo Crafts - Selection One

Hi guys

I'm super excited to announce that I've been invited to be a Guest Designer for Honey Doo Crafts!



They have two upcoming shows on the craft shopping channel, Hochanda (Freeview 85 / Sky 673) this coming Saturday, 10 November 2018, a 10am and 2pm GMT.

I've been lucky enough to have a play and create some samples with the wonderful products which will be showcased on the shows and will be sharing these makes in my next few post.


So, without further ado, here are my first few samples, these using some of the great Honey Doo stencils.

First up, Floral Display...



I absolutely adore how this card turned out, using the shifted stencilling technique.  When trying this technique previously, I added white ink first and then colour, but on this one I switched it around and LOVE this effect.  So I placed the stencil onto some kraft cardstock and blended through with two shades of Distress Oxide ink.  I then cleaned off the stencil, shifted it slightly and then used a dauber to add the white pigment ink.  Next I die cut the kraft panel with a stitched die.  I masked off part of a sentiment, stamped and embossed it in white onto a strip of vellum and wrapped it around the panel.  The panel was then popped up on fun foam.


Materials used:

  • Stencil: Honey Doo - Floral Display
  • Ink: Distress Oxide - Wilted Violet, Mermaid Lagoon; Hero Arts - Unicorn; VersaMark
  • Die: Create a Smile - Double Stitched Rectangles
  • Stamp: Honey Doo - Birthday Sentiments
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Opaque Bright White
  • Vellum and Cardstock from stash


For this next card I've done some layered emboss resist using the Cogs stencil, great for the guys...



This technique is quite time consuming as you need to ensure your panel is dry between each layer, otherwise the embossing powder will stick where you don't want it.  I started with a kraft panel and used VersaMark ink through a few areas of the stencil and heat embossed in clear gloss.  I then inked over the whole panel with Distress Ink, let it dry, used anti-static powder and then repeated the process with a few more cogs.  I then blended over with a slightly darker shade, and so on with three colours.  You need to start with the lightest shade and work your way to the darkest shade for this technique.


The sentiment was heat embossed onto vellum which I die cut with a decorative mat die and then affixed to the panel with tiny silver brads.  The panel was then adhered to the base with 3D foam strips.

Materials used:

  • Stencil: Honey Doo - Cogs
  • Ink: VersaMark; Distress Ink - Pumice Stone, Brushed Corduroy, Ground Espresso
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Clear Gloss, Platinum
  • Stamp: Honey Doo - Birthday Sentiments
  • Die: Clearly Besotted - Frame Mat Die
  • Brads and Cardstock and Vellum from stash


For the following card I used the ghosting technique with the Floral Display stencil...



On a white cardstock panel I blended Distress Oxide inks, placed the stencil over the top, spritzed with water and then blotted away the colour.  I die cut the panel, first with a stitched square and then with an angled border die.  I adhered a vellum die cut butterfly and added some white Nuvo drops.  The sentiment was stamped in the corner of the card base to finish.

Materials used:

  • Stencil: Honey Doo - Floral Display
  • Ink: Distress Oxide - Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade, Abandoned Coral; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Stamp: Honey Doo - Birthday Sentiments
  • Dies: Clearly Besotted - Butterfly Duo Die Collection; MFT Die-namics - Stitched Basic Edges; Create a Smile - Double Stitched Rectangles
  • Accents: Nuvo Drops - Simply White


Last card for this post, this one using the Mosaic stencil and one of the stamp sets being featured, Cherry Blossom...



I began by stamping and masking the flowers and leaves, then with the masks still in place I inked through the stencil with two shades of Distress Ink.  I removed the stencil and spritzed the panel to create some water splatters then removed the masks from the flowers.  Ensuring that the panel was dry I then stamped the sentiment in black and added some subtle colour to the centres of the flowers.  I really like leaving images mainly uncoloured and adding colour to the background.  I have previously used this technique on some cards which you can find here and here.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Honey Doo - Cherry Blossom and Birthday Sentiments
  • Stencil: Honey Doo - Mosaic
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black; Distress Ink - Victorian Velvet, Worn Lipstick


I hope you like my samples so far.  If you have time, please do pop back tomorrow when I'll be sharing more of the stamps being featured on Saturday's shows.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...