Friday 2 November 2018

12 Days of Christmas with Kylie and Friends

Hi there

I'm super thrilled today to be joining my gorgeous friend, Kylie for Day 3 of her 12 Days of Christmas, so if like me you're way behind with your Christmas cards (again!!) this will be a great place to find lots of inspiration from lots of different cardmakers.



Each day until 12 November, Kylie along with a crafty friend will be sharing their Christmas makes, and by joining in and linking up you'll be in with a chance of winning a randomly chosen prize.  If you missed Days One and Two you can find them over at Kylie's blog, here.

So, onto my card.  I recently made a tag, here, using vellum with white and silver embossing, along with aqua cardstock.  I loved the result so much that I decided to use the same colour palette and theme for today's card, using different stamps.  Here it is...


I began by adhering a panel of aqua cardstock flat to my card base.  I then took a panel of vellum and die cut the bottom edge with a bracket edge die.  Next I stamped the floral spray and the mistletoe in VersaMark and heat embossed in white.  I then stamped the sentiment and heat embossed in silver.  The vellum panel was then scored about a centimetre from the top edge and folded over and secured on the reverse.  To finish I added a little sparkle with a shimmer pen, which can be seen more clearly in the photo below...


Materials used:

  • Cardstock and vellum from stash
  • Die: Clearly Besotted - Bracket Edges Die Collection
  • Stamps: Happy Little Stampers - Merry Kissmas
  • Ink: VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Opaque Bright White and Metallic Silver

A big thank you to Kylie for inviting me to be part of this great little series once again, and don't forget to check out her card too, along with the rest of the great Christmas makes coming up every day until 12 November!

Thanks so much for visiting.

10 comments:

  1. This looks beautiful ..... the white on the vellum looks so delicate. You did inspire me with your last design to get out the vellum .... it looks fab layered with coloured cardstock. Thanks hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. It's so delicate and elegant. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. wowzers! This is really beautiful, Anita. I absolutely love the design, colours, and elegance of this card. Thanks for being part of my 12 Days of Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a stunning card Anita! Really elegant and I love the softness of the vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo Hoo! Glorious make for Kylie's 12 Days of Christmas

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very elegant Neets, love the silver with the vellum and turquoise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous Christmas card, Anita! I love how you placed vellum over the aqua cardstock and your embossing is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card. The embossing on vellum is a great solution and makes the card very elegant.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...