Saturday 18 August 2018

Less is More Challenge #378 - Sketch 24

Hi there

Another fortnight has passed and it's time for a new challenge over at Less is More.  And we're back with a challenge we've not done for a while...it's a Sketch challenge for you.  Here it is...





STAMPlorations continues as our fab sponsor for the month of August so please do play along to be in with a chance of winning the monthly prize!




I've having a busy time at the moment so I've just the one card to share with you this time, using a stencil from our sponsor...



On a panel of white cardstock I added masking tape to create four squares as per the sketch.  I then blended with three shades of Distress Oxide ink to create a sunset effect.  I then laid the floral silhouette stencil over this and blended through with black ink before removing the masks.  Next I die cut the 'hugs' twice from white card and once from black glitter cardstock, then stacked these up to add dimension.  The panel was then popped up on fun foam.


Materials used:

  • Ink: Distress Oxide - Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade, Abandoned Coral; Distress Ink - Black Soot
  • Stencil: STAMPlorations - Bloom Silhouettes
  • Die: Lawn Fawn - Scripty Hugs

Challenge entries:

STAMPlorations - Summer CAS Card Challenge



Thanks so much for visiting today, and please do check out my teamies' creations over at the main LIM post.


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful work with the sketch! I love the sunset colors you've sponged, the colors really fit the style of the stenciled flowers well and give this card such a dreamy look! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if my comment posted, so I’m doing it again just in case... (just delete this if it did post).
    Terrific job masking, ink blending and stencilling, Anita. You’ve created a beautiful ‘window’ scene with this sketch. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous card, Anita ! It's like watching a beautiful sunset through a window ! I love the subtle ombré you gave to the background, so neat and perfect ! Stunning take on the sketch, I LOVE it ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cool!! I love the shading and the way you masked off the stencil block. I could never do that and get it as perfect as you did. Stunning design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Your masking technique is simple but perfect, much easier than all the measuring I've been struggling with. Going to try it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty - beautifully done, you'd never think it was a stencil. Love the diecut sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...