Thursday 2 August 2018

Happy Little Stampers August 2018 CAS Challenge

Hi guys

It's time for a batch of new monthly challenges over at Happy Little Stampers and today it's the new CAS Challenge for August.  I'll get straight to it, we want to see...





The winner for this challenge will receive a $20 coupon to spend at the shop! Check out all the details HERE.

IF YOU USE STAMPS BY HAPPY LITTLE STAMPERS AND YOU ARE THE RANDOM WINNER, YOUR PRIZE WILL BE DOUBLED!




For my DT card this time I didn't have a clue where I was going with it, I just wanted to use some new dies from my stash.  It just evolved as I went along.  I used the Happy Little Stampers Wish You Were Here stamp set on this one...


I started by masking off a border around the edge of my card base and then spread some Nuvo Glimmer paste through a stencil to add some subtle interest to my background and left it to dry.  I recently treated myself to the fab Tag Along die collection from Clearly Besotted so I wanted to play along with that set here.  I cut the hearts die, also new to my stash, from black glitter cardstock and again from some card I'd blended with Distress Inks.  So I then adhered the black outline part of the hearts die to the tag and inlaid the coloured inner heart pieces.  I stamped the sentiment in black below this and then finished off by die cutting the bow from the same black glitter cardstock and the circle surround from the same piece of card I had ink blended.  The tag was then popped up on 3D foam.  I think the 'wish you were here' sentiment fits perfectly with a hearts theme.

Materials used:

  • Stencil: Memory Box - Scraped Paint
  • Embossing Paste: Nuvo Glimmer Paste - Moonstone
  • Dies: Clearly Besotted - Tag Along Die Collection; STAMPlorations - Clustered Hearts Die
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Candied Apple, Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Stamp: Happy Little Stampers - Wish You Were Here
  • Glitter cardstock from stash

Challenge entries

CAS on Friday - Challenge #138 - Tag It
STAMPlorations - Summer CAS Card Challenge
Allsorts - Week 278/9 - Tags




Don't forget, the challenge linky is open until the end of the month, and do keep an eye out for the remainder of the August HLS challenges, all due to start shortly.

12 comments:

  1. A very stylish CAS creation Neets and just perfect for our theme, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the glitter in the background Neets, tried to get some of the paste but my local only had the drops, LOL! Means I will have to look elsewhere and possibly spend a little more as well.
    Thanks for sharing at STAMPlorations too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this .... the sparkly stenciled background looks fab and I love the coloured hearts xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty tag card - love all the texture too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooo, I love that glitter background. Very sparkly :) The colour of the hearts is just perfect and they pop right off the card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Anita, I particularly like the fine lines of glitter paste behind the tag and wonderful hearts. Really highlights the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable creation! Thank you for entering our challenge at Allsorts with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That glitter paste certainly makes for a stunning yet subtle background and the little tag looks so pretty sitting on top of it. Fab use of your new dies Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card with the beautiful tag! Thank you for joining oiur challenge at Cas on Friday!
    Mariken DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card. The tag is perfect for this weeks challenge.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Tags' challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. The card with the tag ... very sweet. I love this Stamplorations die, a great color combination card.
    Hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...