Sunday 6 July 2014

Watercoloured Waterlily

Hi there

Today I'm sharing a card I've just made, initially for the CASology challenge but I've also found a few more challenges to combine which are listed below.

The challenge this week at CASology has the cue word 'Float'.  Here I've used a waterlily stamp from a Clearly Besotted set I've had for some time, but I'd not yet inked up this particular stamp.





I used the waterlily die to cut out some watercolour paper.  I then stamped the co-ordinating waterlily in grey ink as I thought black may be too harsh for a watercolour image.  In hindsight I think I should have used something even paler.  I then squished my green, pink and yellow inks onto an acrylic block and coloured in the image using a waterbrush.  I used some fishtail flag dies to cut out three pieces of patterned paper and layered these up before adhering the waterlily on top using 3D foam.  I stamped the sentiment in the same grey ink and finished off with a few 'water droplets' of glossy accents.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted Stamps - With Love and Pretty Petals
  • Dies: Clearly Besotted - With Love; MFT Die-namics - Fishtail Flag Stax
  • Ink: Memento - London Grey, Angel Pink, Rose Bud, Cantaloupe and Cottage Ivy
  • Patterned Paper: Hot Off The Press - Cardmaker's Ultimate Pack, Floral
  • Glossy Accents

I'd also like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Love to Create - Challenge #122 - 3 or more Design Papers
The Friday Mashup! - Challenge 167 - Watercolour Wash / CAS
AAA Cards - Game #10 - Play with Watercolour Techniques
Brown Sugar - Challenge #101 - Anything Goes


I hope to be back again soon with more to share.  I've had a hectic weekend so this is all I can share at the moment.  

Hope to see you soon :)






13 comments:

  1. Pretty card. so soft looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Anita, lovely soft colours and I think the grey ink works perfectly and the water drops are an inspired idea x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your watercoloured flower is gorgeous, Anita, and I love the little water droplets! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card! Great layout, love the CAS look! Thanks for joining in at Love to Create! mo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anita, this is beautiful! Colour choice is lovely! The addition of water droplets is perfect! Really like this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty Anita. Great watercoloring and love the mix of patterns and colors for the banners. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anita, this is so soft and pretty! I adore the water drops, too...a perfect touch! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card, love the waterlily coloured so beautifully using watercolours. Pleased you found us and decided to play at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful card! I love the water droplets you added to the Water Lilly!

    Thank you for joining us at The Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very soft and pretty card.

    Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anita, your card is so dog gone PRETTY! Thank you for joining us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is SO cute! Nice water coloring and great stamp- the droplets are just too cool! Thank you for playing along with us and we hope you continue to visit. Cheers, Victoria Lavender, AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet! I just love the added water droplets! : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...