Sunday 27 July 2014

Scribbled Happy Birthday

Hi guys

Well, most of my stash is back where it belongs so I've been able to have a little crafty time tonight.

I wanted to do a colour challenge so I chose to enter this week's challenge at Colour Me, before the deadline tomorrow.

Here is my card...


and here is the colour palette for the challenge...



I chose to use a wooden stamp I've owned FOREVER, this was one of the first stamps I ever bought.  I stamped with VersaMark and then heat embossed in black.  I then started colouring in the different sections created by the scribble design with ProMarkers.  The coloured panel was matted on some black cardstock and I finished the card off by adhering the 'happy' which was die cut from some gold cardstock, some sequins and stamping the 'birthday' sentiment.  I originally left some of the sections white which I think looked better but the gold die cut 'happy' became lost against the busy background so I continued to colour it completely.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Hero Arts - Scribble Background (wood mounted); Clearly Besotted - Butterfly Wishes
  • Ink: VersaMark; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Embossing Powder: Stampin' Up - Black
  • Dies: Clearly Besotted - Happy Word Die; Spellbinders Nestabilities - Classic Rectangles Large
  • Sequins: Doodlebug
  • Cardstock from stash

I am also entering this card at the following challenge blogs:

Seize The Birthday - Anything Goes
The Crafter's Cafe - Challenge #73 - Anything Goes
Crafty Catz - Challenge #241 - Anything Goes


Thanks for popping by.  Hopefully I'll be able to get back to normal now that my craft stash is back where it should be.  

I've had a lovely week off work, just doing things locally but we were so lucky with the glorious weather.  Back to work tomorrow so it will be an early(ish) night for me now.







16 comments:

  1. WOW!! Gorgeous. The panel is fabulous. I can't imagine that it was even better with sections left white because as it is, its truly wonderful. How nice to be able to pull out an old stamp and play.
    TFS ~ Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anita - this is so pretty - especially the gold die cut! Love that stamp - I would treasure it too! Such a cool retro look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Anita ... this is so striking ... love that coloured panel ... sooooo cool! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sensational card. Love the colours, so intense.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anita, I love this stamp! The black embossing showcases your bright coloring beautifully! I am all about the sequins, too! Great card! Thank you for joining us at Colour Me this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The panel looks like stained glass!! So pretty!
    So glad you joined us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an unusual stamp but creates a fab effect. Just love the happy word against the intense colours. It reminds me of a jacket I had in the 80's LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wondered how you created that awesome panel – thanks for sharing how you put the card together. At first I thought it was patterned paper, your coloring looks soooo good! Thank you for playing along with us at Colour Me…! this week!

    Julia
    CMCC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a fabulous card Anita! Wow! So strong and bold. Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! Such great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Anita thank you for joining us this week at Crafty Catz
    Hugs Dianne x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW WOW WOW!!! Where do I begin? This card is STUNNING!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to share with us this week at Colour Me...! Really hope we will see you back again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the stained glass look of that focal panel! The addition of the gold 'happy' and sequins really finish it off perfectly! Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE this image ... so artsy!! And love the colors you've used ... the pink and yellow really pop with the black. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is one amazing card...I love your gorgeous design.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Anita.

    Have just stumbled across your blog and this card caught my eye, the stamp reminded me of the scribbled patterns I used to do for our 2 daughters for them to colour in......Oh happy memories of years gone by!!

    Love the colour choice and simplicity of card design.

    Love Sheila x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...