Saturday 12 July 2014

Fingerprinted Four Leaf Clover

Happy Saturday!

When I saw the new challenge set by Less is More this morning I had all sorts of ideas flowing through my mind.  We have been challenged to make a one layer card and to 'Adapt a Fingerprint'.  What a fun challenge :)

This was actually my second idea but the first one will take longer so I created this one first!



I knew that the leaves of clovers were roughly heart shaped so I started by using the negative of a die cut heart as a mask.  I tried this out on some scrap paper first but all the heart dies I had weren't quite right, either the notch at the top was too pronounced or the heart was too wide for my finger or thumb!  So I created my own by folding a piece of paper in half and cutting a one-sided heart.  Then came the fun part!  I used my inked up thumb to stamp through the mask, working around a central point.  I then inked up just the stem of a leaf stamp, lightly touched the stamp with my thumb to remove some of the ink, then stamped.  After stamping the sentiment I felt my card needed 'a little something' extra as it was looking a little incomplete.  So I used a post-it note to roughly mask the clover and worked my way around the image with some grunge dots.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Autumn Flowers (stem) and Flower Arrangement (sentiment); Stampin' Up - Gorgeous Grunge; My thumb!
  • Ink: Versa Color - Green Tea and Sage; Versafine - Onyx Black

I would also like to link this card up to the following challenge:

CAS on Sunday - Challenge #37 - One Layer Wonder



That's all for now, I hope to be back again very soon to share more craftiness with you.  Have a lovely weekend whatever you're up to.

Bye for now

16 comments:

  1. oh wow - this is so effective.
    even my wipes won't budge the ink LOL!
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this and the whorls from your fingers give added texture too .....

    To Linby ... I made my card BEFORE I hit the shower so my fingers are now clean again

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! Such a clever idea and thanks for the explanation of how it was achieved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G Anita
    Love it ... so 'neet' and perfect.
    I knew I could rely on the limettes for some fabulous inspiration
    Thanks for taking part
    Sarah
    Less is More
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab idea to use a stencil...I love your card :) Hug Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anita you are really good at this. I love this card too. You make me want to go back to the drawing board. Wonderfully done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. neets this is fabulous!
    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen xx
    Less Is More

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a brilliant idea, perfectly executed!
    Fabulous card Neets!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Neets how clever to mask the fingerprint, doh, never thought of that!
    What a stunning and effective creation
    Thanks for getting inky with LIM this week
    Anne
    'Less is More'

    ReplyDelete
  10. clever to think of using a mask. There's so many different ways using just our fingers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea and a lovely card. Hugs, Ankie

    ReplyDelete
  12. So clever, and I love your CAS design, too! Another gorgeous card, Anita!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastically neet (sorry neat!) clover !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a great idea. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another fabulous card here too :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. So simple, but so clever. Love this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...