Wednesday 14 August 2013

Inspired by.....#1

Hi guys

For a while now I've been taking notice of things around me day to day and thinking 'those colours look great together' or 'that design would look great on a card'.  So, I've decided to start my own little series of posts on my blog where I've been 'Inspired by' something I've got at home such as packaging or an item in my home, or out and about where I plan to start taking quick pics on my phone so I can return to them later for inspiration.  Basically like Pinterest I suppose but I wanted to get inspiration from around me rather than online.  My job involves sitting at a computer for most of the day so I wanted to gain ideas as and when I see them rather than spending even more time on my laptop surfing the internet.

So, here is the first card I'm going to share with you...(apologies for the dark photo, I'd lost most of the daylight by the time I took this so had to use my daylight lamp)




and this is where my inspiration came from...

 
A REALLY PRETTY LOO ROLL!
 
 
I had this particular stamp in mind when I saw the design but its smaller than I hoped it would be.  For my first attempt I tried paper piercing to create the grid but it overpowered the design so for my second card I used simple diagonal score lines.  A few gems and a yellow border finished off the card.
 
Materials used:
  • Stamps: Wild Rose Studio - Flower Doodles; Clearly Besotted Stamps - Paired Up (leaves), Flower Arrangement (sentiment)
  • Ink: Versa Color - Cyan, Fresh Green
  • Cardstock: Base card from stash; Southfield - Premium Pure White Glass Smooth 200GSM; Papermania Premium Textured Cardstock
  • Gems: Anita's Gemstone Wheel - Gold and Silver
 

No doubt I'll get inspired by more weird items as I go about my day to day business!

Thanks for popping by and it will be great to hear what sort of things have caught your eye and made you think 'oooh, that would look great as a card!'

Bye for now






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...