Sunday 2 March 2014

Peachy Birthday

Hi guys

So here I am back with my second card of the day, please scroll down to see my first post.

This card actually took three attempts to make.  I started off with a very different central panel but it just wasn't working so I decided to use stamped stripes instead.  Then, my first attempt at stamping these went horribly wrong, I must have my specs on wonky today! :)

Anyhow, here it is finally finished!



I started by adhering the glittered polka dot cardstock to the card base.  Next I cut a smaller panel from white cardstock and stamped diagonal stripes, then rounded the corners and added the sentiment.  I adhered this panel to the background using 3D foam.  I did intend to adhere this flat but the glittery cardstock needs a very strong adhesive to ensure things stay put!  Next I stamped and die cut the flower and leaves.  A few pearls finished off the card.

Materials used:

  • Cardstock: Kanban - Sherbert Pips; white cardstock from stash
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Basic Stripes, Say It In Style and Fancy Florals
  • Dies: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Fancy Florals
  • Ink: Versa Color - Cinnamon, Seashell and Sage; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Pearls from stash
  • Tools: Tonic - Corner Rounder

Challenge entries:
The Card Concept - Challenge #4 - Use a Floral Theme (style - clean and layered)
Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge - Perfectly Peach
















Thanks so much for visiting me.  I so appreciate your opinions and comments so I'd love for you to let me know what you think.

Can you believe it's Sunday evening again, it seems like only five minutes ago I was looking forward to the start of the weekend!  Take care and see you soon x


10 comments:

  1. Amazing card as always Anita and well done combining so many fab challenges. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so lovely - love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great card, love the colour
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card, Neet! Love your use of different patterns...it looks so happy!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card! I love the two different patterned papers and that sweet flower and the little enamel dots...too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dots and stripes papers are so fresh and fun. The flower is the perfect accent! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anita I love your embossed background, wonderful colours. Thank you so much for joining us at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a pretty card! I love the stripey DSP mixed with the glittery dotted background! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card Anita, I love the colour xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super sweet card, Anita! Great use of pattern. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...