Sunday 30 March 2014

Happy Mother's Day

Hi there

Today I'm sharing a card I've made for my chap's mum for Mother's Day.

I wanted to have a go at the latest challenge at Uniko Studio where Bev has set us the theme of 'Hello Spring'.  We also have a lovely photo and colour palette to use as inspiration which I've shown below.

Here's what I created...




And this is the inspiration photo...



I started by using a scrap of white cardstock and stamped one of the images from the Natures Treasures 1 stamp set to create a delicate background in pale blue and green ink.  I then overstamped the leaves and the bloom from Flower Power sets 1 and 3.  I used a square die to create the inked panel which was matted onto a square of green textured cardstock.  I stamped part of the sentiment on the panel and then the rest of the sentiment on the base card before adhering the panel using 3D foam.  I finished it off with a single green pearl.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Uniko Studio - Natures Treasures 1, Flower Power #1 and Flower Power #3; Clearly Besotted Stamps - Happy Days sentiment)
  • Ink: Versa Color - Baby Blue, Seafoam, Celadon, Sky Blue, Royal Blue
  • Die: Xcut - Nested Squares
  • Cardstock: Green - Papermania Premium Textured Cardstock; white from stash
  • Green pearl from stash

I am also entering this card into the following challenges:

Dream Valley - Challenge 78 - Mothering Sunday
Charisma Cardz - Challenge #7 - CAS
Crafty Catz - Challenge 224 - Anything Goes
Stampin' for the Weekend - Spring Colours




















Thanks for popping by.  I'll be back shortly with another card I made this week.

Bye for now


9 comments:

  1. So chic mother's card. i love combo & simplicity. Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley challenge.
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so pretty! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply adorable! Thank you for joining in with us at Charisma Cardz and good luck =)
    Marylee DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elegant CAS card. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully CAS and love how you've stamped the background & used the challenge colours. I'm sure your 'chaps' mum loved it. Thank you SO much for joining in on the Uniko Studio Challenge :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Hun love the color scheme it works so well together :)

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz Challenges

    Hugs Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning! What a perfect mother's day card and a great interpretation of the challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Anita, I love how you have added extra texture to the background. Thank you so much for joining in the Uniko Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a stunning card. I love the soft grassy background and your interpretation on the colors. Thanks for playing along with us at Uniko Studio.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...