Sunday 9 March 2014

Fabulous 40

Hi guys

Sorry I'm so late in the day and also for not managing to share anything with you this week, its just been one of those weeks!

Tonight, I'd like to share the card I made for my brother's girlfriend who turned 40 yesterday, and who also became my brother's fiancee on Friday!  That's one big celebration!




I recently received some new goodies from Clearly Besotted Stamps (yes, I'm addicted!) so I used a few of them on this card.  I firstly stamped the hounds tooth background.  I then layered up a die cut doily and some patterned paper die cut with a flag die, onto which I stamped the sentiment.  Next I stamped two of the butterflies from the new Elegant Butterflies stamps set, so glad I managed to get these, they are absolutely gorgeous.  These were then cut out with their co-ordinating dies and I covered these with Glossy Accents and left them to dry.  These were finally added to the card on 3D foam.  I then added a few gemstones to finish.  I also decided to stamp the corner of the inside of the card and an envelope to match.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Background Builder III, Elegant Butterflies, Say It In Style, Basic Numbers
  • Dies: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Geometric Doily Die, Elegant Butterflies; MFT Die-namics - Fishtail Flag Stax
  • Ink: Versa Color - Magenta and Celadon; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Premium Cardstock (teal); white cardstock from stash
  • Patterned Paper: Pebbles - Sunny Side 6 x 6 paper pad
  • Gemstones from stash

Challenge entries:
Stampin' for the Weekend - Sparkle and Shine
Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes Birthday
Crafty Creations - Challenge #258 - Happy Birthday
Totally Papercrafts - Challenge #209 - Female Birthday, must have a number or birthday sentiment
Totally Gorjuss - Challenge 226 - Pink and Green
Dream Valley Challenges - Challenge 77 - Big Birthdays
Muse Challenge - #57
I took my inspiration from the butterfly, doily and flag sentiment strip













Thanks so much for popping by.  I hope you've had a lovely weekend, and if in the UK what a lovely sight to see the sun this weekend, its about time!

See you soon

12 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful Neet! Love the touch of gloss on the butterflies and the doily! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The words fun and flirty come to mind here! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DIVINE! so wish I'd bought those butterflies grrrr! 😀

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, fun card! Love the hounds tooth and the lovely colors! Thanks for joining us at
    Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome take from my card! Thanks for joining in at Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first thought... oohee... pretty pretty card Anita!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! Love the houndstooth print and the shine of those butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really gorgeous card, Anita! I love how you layered your elements with the hounds tooth background...such pretty colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love your beautiful shiny butterflies on the card! It looks gorgeous. Thanks for playing along this week at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is just so elegant! I am your newest follower
    Thank you for joining us at Totally Gorjuss!
    Hugs,
    Marie
    http://thejoyofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just gorgeous, your card -perfectly CAS - thanks for joining us at Dream Valley - I hope to see you there next time again! Hugs, Cornelia, DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card! Clean and Simple! Thanks for sharing with us at Dream Valley!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...