Sunday 16 March 2014

Congratulations

Hi guys

I've not managed to find any crafty time yet this weekend but I'd just like to share a card I made last week to give to my brother and his girlfriend on their engagement.



I cut a square of white pearlescent cardstock slightly smaller than the base card and mounted this with low tack tape onto a piece of pale lavender cardstock, leaving a slim border.  I then cut through the two layers with a heart die.  Next I stamped the base card with the hearts, butterflies and flowers, in the area that would appear within the aperture.  Next I stamped the sentiment onto a strip of vellum with VersaMark ink before embossing with silver embossing powder.  This was then wrapped around the pearlescent panel before mounting the layers together.

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Many Messages, Framed Sentiments, Happily Ever After
  • Ink: Versa Color - Laurel Leaf, Misty Mauve, Smoke Blue; VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: Rubber Stampede - Silver
  • Die: Xcut - Nested Hearts
  • Cardstock and vellum from stash

Challenge entry:

Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge #86 - Anything Goes


I've not made anything new this weekend but I have been having a go at redesigning Neet & Crafty.  I'd love to know what you think.  I wanted to give it a more fresh, clean and modern feel so hopefully I've achieved that. You won't believe how many colour combos I've been faffing around with since last night!  I don't have any software of any kind so this was done entirely using the free options on PicMonkey.

Thanks for dropping by, I'm now off to hang the washing out now that we have some lovely sunshine in the UK (I know how to party!!)

Bye for now x



6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Anita, I love the pearlescent against the silver sentiment. Your new blog is fab hun! Well done you for doing it all without editing software. I love the clean and fresh look xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle. Coming from the Queen of CAS must mean I did something right! :D xx

      Delete
  2. Your card is so chic and stylish Anita and just like your newly designed blog - I do love that pop of colour at the top. Well done - I have to call on my techi son to help me out and he's revising for A-Levels for the next few months so daren't pester him. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah.I do struggle a bit to create what I have in my head but managed ok here. The dots are actually a row of fullstops, made really large then rotated! I could have used circles on PicMonkey but to create each one and get them lined up would have taken ages! Still learning but getting there! xx

      Delete
  3. This is beautiful, the perfect card for an engagement. Love the embossing and use of pearlised card for that extra special feel. Thanks for joining the fun at ATSM. Monika

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous CAS card. Very classy. Thanks so much for joining us this week at ATS&M.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...