Tuesday 28 February 2023

Uniko February/March 2023 Release - Introducing...Spring Botanicals Crocus

Good morning

I'm here today to introduce the first of the stamp sets in the latest release coming up from Uniko.

Spring flowers are my absolute favourite so to have an addition to the Spring Botanicals series is a winner for me.  I have two cards for you today using the new Spring Botanicals Crocus set...


Here's my first card using a technique I love to do with floral images...


Isn't this flower image gorgeous?!  This may look like a simple creation but this involved having to cut out a mask, including those skinny leaves!  But it was worth it.  Once stamped and masked, I then inked up the background using two shades of Distress Oxides, in purple of course as I wanted to keep the colour true to that of a crocus.  I die cut the panel and added a sentiment, also from the set, to finish.

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Uniko - Spring Botanicals Crocus
  • Ink: Distress Oxide - Shaded Lilac, Dusty Concord; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
  • Die: Create a Smile - Cool Cuts Double Stitched Rectangles


And for my second card I decided to get some Copic colouring practice...


And for this one I tried some "no line colouring".  So I stamped the image in a pale shade of neutral ink and coloured with my Copics.  Still lots of practice required but I'm pretty happy with this one.  Again, this was finished by die cutting the panel and adding the sentiment, also from the set.

Materials used:
  • Stamp: Uniko - Spring Botanicals Crocus
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Antique Linen; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
  • Coloured with Copics
  • Die: Create a Smile - Cool Cuts Scalloped Rectangles


For more projects by the talented Bev and my fellow Brand Ambassadors, please do pop over to the main Uniko blog, here, to see this new stamp set in action.

The new products will be available to purchase from the Uniko website from 4 March at 9.00am GMT.

I'll be back with more inspiration using more of the new products tomorrow.


6 comments:

  1. So pretty in yellow hues, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two fab cards Neets and well done with creating your mask for the first! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these cards are simply stunning! And your Copic coloring looks superb from here!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are absolutely gorgeous Anita. ❤️ x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beautiful cards which really show off the lovely new stamps xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two lovely cards with this beautiful stamp that I'm impatient to play with ! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...