Wednesday 11 January 2023

Uniko January 2023 Mini Release - Introducing...Mid Century Modern Frames

Hi there

It's Day 2 of the introductions from the upcoming mini release from Uniko.

Today it's all about Mid Century Modern Frames, another great set that Bev has designed to extend the Mid Century Modern collection.  A great mix of retro images and sentiments are included in this set.

Here's my first card, and here I've paired this set with the Background Blocks Mid Century Modern Linear stamp that was introduced by the team yesterday...


For some reason I chose to use some white hammered cardstock for this card, just fancied a change!  And although this looks super simple, it did take quite a few steps to create.  I began by stamping the frame image in a pale ink and then coloured in the pink and aqua sections with Copics.  I left my stamp in my MISTI so I could then re-stamp over the image in exactly the same position so I could then heat emboss in white.  It's so much easier this way than trying to colour with markers once the image has been embossed.  I then cut a mask for the entire frame and stamped the linear image in aqua ink so it appeared to be behind the frame.  


I heat embossed the sentiment, also from the set, in white and finished the card by adding some hot pink enamel dots.

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Uniko - Mid Century Modern Frames, Background Blocks Mid Century Modern Linear
  • Ink: VersaMark; Altenew - Volcano Lake
  • Embossing Powder: Brutus Monroe - Alabaster White
  • Coloured with Copics
  • Accents: Doodlebug - Sprinkles: Bubblegum Assortment


And more masking was involved for my second card too, and I used the new set combined with the Mid Century Modern Shapes stencil...


Here I stamped the frame first, coloured with Copics and then created a mask.  I then ink blended through a couple of the shapes from the Mid Century Modern Shapes stencil.  I removed the mask and then stamped and heat embossed the sentiment in white and stamped the star burst.  The panel was die cut with a stitched rectangle die and I chose a card base in a co-ordinating shade.

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Uniko - Mid Century Modern Frames
  • Stencil: Uniko - Mid Century Modern Shapes
  • Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Altenew - Autumn Blaze, Honey Drizzle; Versafine Clair - Nocturne; VersaMark
  • Coloured with Copics
  • Embossing Powder: Brutus Monroe - Alabaster White
  • Die: Create a Smile - Cool Cuts Double Stitched Rectangles
  • Coloured cardstock from stash


Over on the main Uniko blog, here, Bev and my fellow Brand Ambassadors are showcasing this set today, so be sure to go check it out.

The new products will be available to purchase from the Uniko website from 13 January at 10am GMT.

I'll be back with more inspiration tomorrow, using two more new projects.


4 comments:

  1. I agree, CAS cards are not always as simple as they first appear, it's all in the planning! Two fab ways to showcase the frames. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colour & stamps combos you chose for these two cards. And especially the first one with the Uniko colours. CAS-tastic !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that frame in white heat embossing! Again a lovely choice of colours and fabulous cars. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card in lovely colours. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...