Wednesday 23 February 2022

Uniko February 2022 Release - Introducing...Background Blocks Cogs, Background Blocks Splatters and Everyday Sentiments

Hi there

Welcome to the first of the introductions for Uniko's 10th Birthday Release. 

I'll get straight to it, I'm sure you'd rather see the products in action than have me waffling on!  And don't forget to pop on over to the Uniko blog where you will find more inspiration from the rest of the team too.

First up is the new Background Blocks Cogs stamp and I've used a sentiment from the new Everyday Sentiments set...


Masculine cards are the kind I find most difficult so I had to have a think and plan this one out.  I decided on layered emboss resist.  I've only used this technique a handful of times but the effects are great.  I masked off a central rectangle and then blended with a few earthy tones of Distress Ink.  After making sure the ink was completely dry and adding some anti-static powder, I stamped the cogs image with VersaMark ink,removed the masks and heat embossed in clear.  I replaced the masks and then blended over the entire background with a darker shade, which then reveals the previous ink colours trapped underneath the embossing.  The sentiment was stamped in a brown shade below.


Materials used:
  • Stamps: Uniko - Background Blocks Cogs, Everyday Sentiments
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Pumice Stone, Rusty Hinge, Brushed Corduroy, Frayed Burlap; VersaMark; Altenew - Moon Rock
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Clear Gloss
  • Die: Create a Smile - Cool Cuts Double Stitched Rectangles


And for my second make I used the new Background Blocks Splatters stamp and another from Everyday Sentiments...


I began with a panel the same size as my card base and stamped the image twice, once with lilac fading into blue ink, and again with blue fading into green ink, to create a continuous flow of colour.  I then used a border die to cut a section away.  The two panels were then adhered to the card base and the sentiment stamped between, curved slightly to follow the shape of the die cuts.


Materials used:
  • Stamps: Uniko - Background Blocks Splatters, Everyday Sentiments
  • Ink: Altenew - Soft Lilac, Sea Glass, Mountain Mist; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
  • Die: Avery Elle - Dotted Border Dies
  • Accents: Little Things from Lucy's Cards - Jewels: Shimmering Pool Mix and Grape Mix


Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I'll be back tomorrow morning to share more makes using more products from this new release.

(AD - some products kindly gifted for Design Team purposes)


7 comments:

  1. Fabulous makes ...... those cogs look amazing. Great technique and I'm right there with you on masculine cards but this one is perfect! I do love a few ink splatters and this new stamp looks fab ..... one to add to the wish list. Thanks for sharing, and congratulations on becoming a Uniko Ambassador xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab cards Anita, your usual neat and stylish inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The technique behind your cog card is fantastic. It’s given such a great result!
    Your splatter card is so delicate in comparison and I love how you have added in the die cut edging and sentiment. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anita, both of your cards look fabulous!
    Love how you accented the curved line with the sentiment and the rhinestones!
    Greetings Wiebke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful first showcase Anita ! And it seems that great minds think alike with the cogs background.... our cards are very similar. Love your card with the splatters, they look so delicate in those soft shades and with this design. Fabulous !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the effect the resit embossing gives those cogs and the soft grungy splatter is such a contrast.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love that first card, such wonderful depth and texture, a perfect male card. Your second is great too, but in a different way xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...