Wednesday 29 December 2021

Trio of Micro Bead Trees

Hi guys

Tonight I'm sharing one of my very last cards made this year.  

I purchased a new stencil from Clearly Besotted, last month I think, which features some really cute abstract trees and I wanted to use it at least once this year.

As I've only used them once before, I decided to use my clear glass micro beads on this one...


Firstly, I die cut a stitched rectangle before adhering the stencil in place with some low tack tape.  I then ink blended through the stencil with three shades of Distress Ink.  I removed, cleaned and dried the stencil and placed it back in position.  I spread some stencil paste through the tree apertures and quickly removed the stencil before sprinkling over the micro beads.  The paste is opaque to begin with but turns translucent as it dries, and also then holds on to the beads once dry.  I left the panel overnight to dry then gave it a brush over to remove any beads that weren't fully adhered.


To finish I adhered the panel to a card base and then added a black sentiment strip, with the sentiment heat embossed in white.  You can see a closer view of the micro beads in the photo below.


Materials used:
  • Dies: Create a Smile - Cool Cuts Double Stitched Rectangles; Altenew - Featured Sentiments Die Set
  • Stencil: Clearly Besotted - Trimmed Trees
  • Stamp: Clearly Besotted - Simple Script
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Blueprint Sketch, Wilted Violet, Picked Raspberry; VersaMark
  • Embossing Paste: Sweet Poppy - Stencil Dimensions:Translucent
  • Embossing Powder: Brutus Monroe - Alabaster White
  • Accents: Sweet Poppy - Clear Glass Micro Beads

Challenge entries:

AAA Cards - Game #205 - Christmas
Happy Little Stampers - December Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes
Happy Little Stampers - December Stencil Challenge - Anything Goes
NBUS - Challenge #33 - new stencil
CHNC - Challenge #574 - Anything Goes Christmas
STAMPlorations - December Stencil Challenge - Anything Goes






I hope you liked this one.  I have another to share using micro beads so I'll probably be back with that one tomorrow morning.  That's all for today, I hope you'll pop back again.



3 comments:

  1. Just lovely! I think I still have some of those teeny beads from years & years ago & using them with embossing paste is a great idea...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful sparkling card! Thanks for sharing with us at AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to use the microbeads! I will have to go find mine! Thanks for playing along with us at AAACards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...