Thursday 30 December 2021

Micro Bead Wreath of Hearts

Good afternoon

I'm back this afternoon to share the last of my 2021 Christmas card makes.  Apologies that the selection was a little limited this year, that will teach me for leaving them even later than I usually do!

This will also be my last post of this year as I'm back to work tomorrow.  As you will have seen in my recent posts, I've also decided to step down from all the challenge blog Design Teams I've been part of for many years.  Hopefully this will give me the opportunity to put my spare time to better use and be able to craft more, without having the other commitments and deadlines that come with being on challenge blog Design Teams.  Hopefully it will be something I could reconsider in the future, it sure was fun.  I still remain a member of the Skull and Cross Buns Design Team and will introduce and showcase Emily's products when she needs me.

Ok, back to my final Christmas card, and this was the one I made for my other half...


To make it a bit more masculine I began with a die cut panel of kraft cardstock.  I used the same technique as my previous trees card which used micro beads...I inked through the stencil with Distress Ink first and then cleaned the stencil before spreading translucent paste through it over the inked image and then sprinkling on the glass beads.  This was then left to dry completely before adhering the panel to a white card base.  And yes, it's the same sentiment again!  It was on my desk so it got used for pretty much every Christmas card this year!  I heat embossed it on a black die cut strip.  To finish, I die cut a bow from red glossy mirri cardstock and adhered this to the top of the wreath.


Materials used:
  • Dies: Create a Smile - Cool Cuts Double Stitched Rectangles; Altenew - Featured Sentiments Die Set; The Greetery - Fit to be Tied
  • Stencil: Clearly Besotted - Circle Around
  • Stamp: Clearly Besotted - Simple Script
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Rustic Wilderness, Pine Needles; VersaMark
  • Embossing Paste: Sweet Poppy - Stencil Dimensions:Translucent
  • Embossing Powder: Brutus Monroe - Alabaster White
  • Cardstock: Neenah - Desert Storm; red mirri card from stash
  • Accents: Sweet Poppy - Clear Glass Micro Beads

Challenge entries:

AAA Cards - Game #205 - Christmas
Happy Little Stampers - December Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes
Happy Little Stampers - December Stencil Challenge - Anything Goes
NBUS - Challenge #33 - The Greetery bow die and the wreath stencil are new to my stash
CHNC - Challenge #574 - Anything Goes Christmas
Uniko - Challenge #68 - Celebrate (Reds and Greens)
STAMPlorations - December Stencil Challenge - Anything Goes









I just love the online crafting community and want to say thank you all for your support and encouraging feedback throughout this year.  It's so great to know that I can provide lots of inspiration, and gain some back too!

So, all that's left to say is...

7 comments:

  1. Also fabulous and shiny and glittery. Love it. Thank you for playing at AAA Cards and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So tricky to try and balance everyday life with a passion for crafting. Honestly I have the same juggle going on! Great card and I love the shimmer of the green wreath. Thanks for playing along with Uniko. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply wonderful! Thank you for playing at AAA Cards! Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazelnut Christmas Challenge

    Hugs
    Claudia
    DT Crafty Hazelnut Christmas Challenge

    https://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.com/
    http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be
    http://girlzrebelchallenge.blogspot.com
    https://girlzcreativecrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh! this is soooo pretty! love the variety of sparkle and shine. Thanks so much for playing with us at the HLS Christmas challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this Anita! Your CAS cards are a standout in every gallery!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Uniko!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anita, what a wonderful idea to make a christmas card with this ring of hearts!
    Thanks for sharing your creation with us in the Uniko Challenge #68.

    Best wishes from Wiebke

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...