Saturday 7 November 2020

Less is More Challenge #432

Hi there

It's Colour challenge time over at Less is More and for the next fortnight we have two colour combos for you to choose from...


And as we've entered into a new month, we also have a new sponsor, the wonderfully generous



We also have one of our regular participants joining us as a Guest Designer for this challenge, our August winner, Kathy K!  I'm sure you're all familiar with Kathy's fantastic creations so why not pop over to her blog to say hi and take a look at her card for this colour challenge.


Ok, on to my samples, and I have one of each colour combo for you this time.  First up is the blue and silver...


I die cut a faux stitched rectangle from white cardstock and then also die cut a negative snowflake in the centre of the panel.  Before adhering to the card base on fun foam, I backed the negative snowflake with light blue glitter cardstock.  The central section becomes detached when die cut so I adhered this back in place and accented with a glittered enamel dot.  To finish I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment in silver on a die cut strip and adhered this at the base on a 3D foam strip.


Materials used:
  • Dies: Create a Smile - Cool Cuts Double Stitched Rectangles, Negative Snowflake; MFT Die-namics - Stitched Rectangle Stax
  • Stamp: Uniko - Snowflake Serenade
  • Ink: VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Metallic Silver
  • Accent: Doodlebug Sprinkles - Silver


Next up is my red and gold card.  I'm really not sure about this one, I think the photography lets it down as the shiny gold really doesn't translate very well...


I began by using a window die as I figured it would look like a ribbon-trimmed present.  So I cut this from deep red and again from textured gold cardstock.  I adhered the red frame and then pieced in the gold sections.  I used the same red cardstock and die cut it using a bow die set and mounted it onto the present.  I then stamped and heat embossed the sentiment in gold onto a mini tag die cut and tucked this under the bow.  That was going to be my finished card but it just didn't look complete somehow.  So I grabbed a new stencil which I recently purchased which gives a torn edge effect and added some red ink to the top and base.  I'm still not sure about it, but thought I would share it with you all the same.


Materials used:
  • Dies: Clearly Besotted - Window Die, Tiny Tags; Frantic Stamper - Small Solid Bow
  • Stamp: Uniko - Rustic Wreath
  • Ink: VersaMark; Distress Ink - Festive Berries
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Metallic Gold Rich
  • Stencil: Clearly Besotted - Tear Away


Thanks so much for taking a look today.  Hopefully you can join in over the next two weeks.  If, like me, you still need to make your Christmas cards (other than these I've not started yet!) then these colour combos should help you as they are ideal for festive makes.  And there's lots of inspiration from my teamies over at the main blog too.


4 comments:

  1. Two totally fabulous makes there, great challenge and inspiration from the entire team too

    Happy Saturday

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two terrific cards Anita. Love the sparkle on the snowflake one and what a great idea to use a window die for the gift box,it looks fabulous.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of these. You did a wonderful job with the photos to show the texture in the snowflake background and the gold gift image. I like the watercoloring with the tear stencil. A very interesting effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two gorgeous cards. Of course the blue one is my favourite but this red and gold little gift is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...