Saturday 9 May 2020

Less is More Challenge #419

Hi guys

Another fortnight has whizzed by so it's new challenge day at Less is More.  And this time we have a Colour challenge for you...



A bit of trial and error was required for this one and it took three attempts for me to make this card, but I got there in the end, I think!


The problem I had was achieving a cream hue for my focal image.  The first ink I tried was far too yellow and the second one I tried was too beige, so I had to try a few ink colours and embossing powder combos before I got this result.  I used hammered cardstock for the base and image panel although it's difficult to catch on camera.  I used a stitched rectangle die for my image panel and stamped and embossed the glasses and bubbles.  I then added some colour using ProMarkers.  This was then mounted onto a mat of cream linen cardstock and both were popped up onto the base using fun foam.  I finished with a sentiment stamped in black.


Materials used:

  • Die: MFT Die-namics - Wonky Stitched Rectangle Stax
  • Stamps: Avery Elle - Sip Sip Hooray; Reverse Confetti - Clink
  • Ink: Versa Color - Vanilla; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - White Pearl
  • Coloured with ProMarkers
  • Cardstock from stash

Challenge entries:

Crafty Cardmakers - Challenge #256 - Celebrations



Thanks so much for visiting.  And don't forget that we had new members joining the Design Team last time so there's lots of inspiration over at the main Less is More challenge blog, here.

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE this card, Anita. It is fun and elegant at the same time. Whatever you did to color the glasses, it looks fantastic! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful simple card. Love it. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your CAS card is beautiful,sophisticated and a delight to look at! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers "Celebrations" challenge!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and well worth persevering with Anita! I had a few attempts too before finalising my card for this one - and then such a challenge to photograph too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's the saying? 'Class in a glass!' and this card is sheer magic and full of class Anita. I'm sorry that you had to make so many attempts but the end result really is stunning. It was such a tough colour combo but you really nailed it xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was well worth persevering Anita this is a lovely elegant card. I just couldn’t see how I could colour an image so took the easy way out with card stock and dies!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...