Monday 18 May 2020

Honey Doo Crafts - May 2020 Release - Birthday Cake

Hi there

Today I'm sharing the first of some samples using the latest stamp release from Honey Doo Crafts.

Not only will Amanda from Honey Doo be showcasing them on Create and Craft TV this coming Friday, 22 May 2020 (11.15am and 3.45pm), she will also be sharing them with you on a Facebook live tomorrow, Tuesday 19 May 2020 at 7.00pm.  You can find their Facebook page here.

The new release of stamps are a little bit different to the well known florals by Honey Doo, this time being large, sketchy, very detailed images.


These are my samples using the new set called Birthday Cake...


I began by die cutting a panel of white cardstock (no surprise there!) and stamped the large tiered cake image.  I then stamped this a second time on a couple of post-it notes to use as a mask.  Next I ink blended through the Honey Doo Ribbons stencil using Distress Oxide inks.  I really like this technique when the focal image is so detailed, you don't necessarily have to colour it in, just add colour to the background instead.  To finish I heat embossed the sentiment, also included in the Birthday Cake set, in silver onto a strip of vellum, then wrapped this around the panel before mounting onto the card base on fun foam.


Materials used:

  • Stamps: Honey Doo Crafts - Birthday Cake
  • Stencil: Honey Doo Crafts - Ribbons
  • Die: Create a Smile - Cool Cuts Double Stitched Rectangles
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black; Distress Oxide - Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet, Mermaid Lagoon; VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Metallic Silver
  • Vellum from stash


This next card took a little time to create but I'm really happy with the end result...


I decided to go with the rainbow theme of the moment!  I don't usually stamp with Distress Inks but I love the vibrancy of the colours on this card.  I stamped the cake in blue first then using a mask, covered it up, shifted the panel across in my MISTI (a stamping platform really does help with even spacing) and stamped in purple, then masked the purple image, shifted the panel across again and stamped in pink...and so on right across the panel.  I trimmed the panel down, adhered some striped paper to my card base then mounted the stamped panel on top.  I decided to leave this one sentiment free.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Honey Doo Crafts - Birthday Cake
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Broken China, Wilted Violet, Picked Raspberry, Candied Apple, Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron
  • Patterned Paper: MFT - Dots & Stripes Neutrals


And my final sample is something a little different.  At the start of 2020 I decided to try bullet journaling.  As May is my birthday month I chose this image for my May cover page!  It's a very minimalist design, just how I like it!  And with us having to be in lockdown for the last two months my whole journal has been very minimal, there's really not a lot going on!  Apart from a few collection pages and keeping up with a few birthdays, etc. my journal is really just a to-do list right now!


This was simply stamped before I trimmed away the outside edge of the page, and then very roughly coloured with some Tombow markers.  I wanted my journal to be more of a productive tool than a creative one, but some stamped images have crept in here and there :)  I'm still learning all about it so not using it to its full potential just yet, its a big learning curve but I love it so far.


I'll be back tomorrow with more samples for you.  And don't forget Amanda's Facebook live tomorrow evening when she will be showing you this new set, along with the rest of the release ahead of the Create & Craft shows on Friday.

Thanks for visiting x

(AD - some products kindly gifted for design team purposes)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...