Saturday 18 January 2020

Less is More Challenge #411

Good morning, everyone

Hopefully Blogger has scheduled this post for me on time this morning as I'm currently away.  I travelled up to Kent yesterday for our annual Christmas party last night (our company party is always in January) so I'll be travelling back down to Devon today.

I'm here to share the new challenge just starting over at Less is More and yes, shudder if you will, it's One Layer challenge time!  Here is the cue card, which you can interpret however you like...



Continuing as our sponsor for January is the generous Skull and Cross Buns, so please do play along as you'll automatically be in the running for the monthly prize.


I've used Skull and Cross Buns products on both of my sample cards this time.  And most of my makes usually have off centre designs anyway so this was a pretty easy challenge for me.

Here's the first, and I used the off centre rule for one of my techniques on this one...


I used a stencil to create the hearts, blending first in the pink shade, then placing the stencil 'off centre' and re-blending with the red shade.  Although this area of the stencil is fairly small, the design is continuous, allowing you to shift the stencil and continue inking with no break in the pattern.  Once the stencilling was complete I stamped the sentiment in black ink.

Materials used:

  • Stencil: Skull and Cross Buns - Brush Heart Pattern
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Worn Lipstick, Candied Apple; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Stamp: Skull and Cross Buns - Brush Hearts

Challenge entries:

Always Fun Challenges - Challenge #145 - One Layer
STAMPlorations - January Stencil Challenge - Anything Goes




For this card I used one of the newer stamp sets to the Skull and Cross Buns range, Christmas Foxes...


This set isn't just for Christmas, it's great for sending winter wishes too.  I stamped the fox and the sentiments in black ink and then coloured the fox using coloured pencils.  To finish I used a dotted stencil to create the snow, using embossing paste, just masking off to avoid the stamped areas.


Materials used:

  • Stamps: Skull and Cross Buns - Christmas Foxes
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Coloured with Faber Castell Polychromos
  • Stencil: Skull and Cross Buns - Dots and Spots Large
  • Embossing Paste: Dreamweaver


Challenge entries:

CAS on Friday - Challenge #171 - Winter
Inkspirational - Challenge #204 - Fauna
Creative with Stamps - Challenge #46 - Scarf





As usual, this challenge will remain open for the next fortnight, so plenty of time to play along and link up.  I hope you can join us.

9 comments:

  1. First, I hope you had an awesome Christmas party and you are home safe and sound. I LOVE your off centre hearts and that cute little fox! Gorgeous cards xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your offset stenciled hearts in pink and red and black stamped sentiment, Anita. So pleased you joined us at STAMPlorations Stencil Challenge. Loved your sweet Winter fox card too. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect for our Challenge! So glad that you have shared your great artwork with us here at Always Fun Challenges. Good luck hun and do come back again!
    Jackie DT @AFC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful cards, Anita! The off center of your offset stencilling is amazing and your little fox is so adorable. Love the embossed falling snow background, a great way to give a bit of dimension to an OLC. Have a wonderful week! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both so pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS on Friday! Crafty hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two wonderful cards, Anita. I love the way you double stamped the hearts. It looks great, and I love the bold sentiment. Your little fox is adorable, and I LOVE the texture you added with the dots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little fox is so cute! And I love the way how you created the snow. Thanks for joining us at CAS on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the off-center technique. Such a great CAS look. Thanks for sharing with STAMPlorations Stencil Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute hearts card - love how you used your stencil. That's a neat little tick.
    And foxy is adorable. Great texture xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...