Saturday 4 January 2020

Less is More Challenge #410



Hello

I'm back today to introduce the first of this year's challenges at Less is More.  We're continuing with our sequence of challenges and this time we're back with a Colour challenge.  Here are the details...



It's an 'out with the old, in with the new' challenge.
Living Coral was the Pantone colour for 2019, and True Blue is the Pantone colour for 2020.
(The colours are detailed over on the main Less is More challenge post)


And for the month of January we have the fabulous Skull and Cross Buns back as our sponsor.  So just by playing along in this month's challenges will mean you're in with a chance of winning our monthly prize!



Here goes, and I'll admit, I did struggle with this colour combo.  But I did get a couple of sample cards made for you.  Here's the first...


This was very simple to make.  I crossed over two strips of washi tape on the card base, topped with a trellis die cut and then overlaid with a flower die cut.  I didn't like how the trellis showed through the flower head so I die cut it again from some textured coral cardstock and inlaid the inner parts of the flower head, securing on the reverse, before adhering the flower in place.  I stamped a simple sentiment vertically as I think it nestled along the edge quite nicely.

Materials used:
  • Dies: Clearly Besotted - Trellis Die; Wplus9 - Flower Doodles
  • Stamp: Clearly Besotted - Tiny Type
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Washi tape from stash


And for this next make I used stamps by our Sponsor, Skull and Cross Buns...


Not the best photos of this card I'm afraid, for some reason my camera was having an off day!

I used a stitched rectangle die to create my top panel then stamped the bunting and confetti in blue and coral inks.  I stamped the sentiment in blue to balance out the design the popped the panel onto the card base using fun foam.  As a finishing touch I added some smooth silver gems amongst the confetti.  Not my go to colours for this type of card but I think it's turned out quite gender neutral here.


Materials used:

  • Stamps: Skull and Cross Buns - Modern Wedding; Celebrate Script
  • Ink: Altenew - Starlight; Versa Magic - Pink Grapefruit
  • Die: Create a Smile - Cool Cuts Double Stitched Rectangles
  • Accents: Smooth silver gems from stash

Challenge entries:

AAA Cards - CAS Game #155 - Along the Edge



The challenge linky will stay open for the next fortnight so why not have a go with this colour combo, you never know what might materialise.  I struggled then ended up with two cards :)

5 comments:

  1. Two wonderful cards, Anita, but I am very partial to the "celebrate" one. I LOVE the way you incorporated the colors in the confetti and also added the gems to accent. Looks fantastic. The little banner pieces are perfect! Happy New Year to you and yours. Wishing you a wonderful year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! You really are the queen of CAS perfection and every card you make really inspires me. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with the new challenge that's just started too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards! I especially like the second card with all the fun stamping yet you maintained all that white space! Great use of washi in your first card -I never know what to do with washi tape! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very happy New Year Anita ! I struggled too with this combo but I think I would have struggled with any combo after this long break ! But you definitely made two gorgeous inspirational cards with it and I love your banner card, so delicate with the coral confettis and this blue banner. Wishing you all the best for this new year ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are lovely Anita but the confetti and bunting card is definitely my fave. Love all the movement with the confetti and gems and the different buntings, and the colours work perfectly! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...