Wednesday 2 October 2019

Happy Little Stampers October 2019 CAS Challenge

Good evening, guys

As it's the beginning of another month we have fresh challenges starting over at Happy Little Stampers.  Right now the new CAS challenge is starting so here's the cue card for this month's challenge...





I decided to go with a cute Christmas card, it's always great to get another Christmas card made (of course I'm way behind with my festive makes AGAIN this year!)...


I chose this adorable stamp called 'Sledging Buddies' for my adventure theme.  I stamped the image in grey ink and added minimal colour with coloured pencils.  The scene was then die cut using a pierced square die and popped up on the card base using fun foam.  The sentiment was stamped alongside in black and I finished by adding some shimmer to the snow with a shimmer pen and some fine glitter to the penguin's hat.  It's not Christmas without a bit of sparkle!


Materials used:
  • Stamps: Lili of the Valley - Sledging Buddies; Happy Little Stampers - Christmas Joy
  • Ink: Memento - London Fog; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Die: MFT Die-namics - Pierced Square Stax
  • Coloured with Faber Castell Polychromos
  • Accents: Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen - Clear; Cosmic Shimmer Diamond Frost - Frosty Dawn

Challenge entries:

Crafty Cardmakers - Challenge #242 - Add a Critter
Try it on Tuesday - Animal Magic
Addicted to CAS - Challenge #169 - Creature





Thanks so much for visiting today.  Please do check out the main blog post, my teamies have some great examples to inspire you using the adventure theme.  And as with all the HLS challenges, the linky will be open until the end of the month.




10 comments:

  1. Love this ..... it looks like these two are having a great adventure.
    You're not the only one behind with Christmas cards ...... I've got the grand total of about four I think! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this image of the penguin topped bear speeding down a snowy hill amid all of that luscious white popped with a bit of color. Love your creatures. Wonderful to have you join us at Addicted To CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the polar bear and his buddy sledging through the snow. I really must get a move on with my Christmas card stash too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the minimalism here - so effective. Thanks for playing along with Try it on Tuesday.
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful. Thank you for joining us at TioT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! The snowy scene looks wonderful and I love the polar beara penguin, super cute 😁. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a fun card - and that is definitely an adventure going on right there! Love how you've added just the right amount of sparkle :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your penguin riding a polar bear. What a fabulous image and I love how wonderfully CAS it is. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your coloring is perfect, minimalism perfectly reflects the CAS style. I also love how you divided the card into two areas. This card is masterfully designed.
    Hugs,
    BożenA
    P.S. I am sorry to comment now. Unfortunately, my back is still bothering me and I postpone commenting as soon as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This stamp is so cute. I love the cute little penguin and the glow of his hat
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...