Saturday 31 August 2019

Skull and Cross Buns - Hochanda Showcase Selection 1

Hi guys

As I mentioned in my last post, the lovely Emily of Skull and Cross Buns will be showcasing some of her lovely products in her very first show on Hochanda TV on Thursday 5 September at 4pm.

The Design Team have been crafting away behind the scenes to create some samples for the show and I'm sharing some of mine in this post and over the next few days ahead of the show.

There will be clear stamp sets, stencils and mini embellishment sets (mixes of acrylic and some wood) which co-ordinate with the sets.

I won't lie, because of my clean and simple card making style the embellishments did scare me at first, I had absolutely no clue what to do with them!  They are great for all types of crafting, scrapbooking, mixed media projects and journalling, etc. but by using them sparingly I managed to incorporate them into my CAS makes too.

So here you go, my first make is actually a tag, as I wanted to use one of the wooden embellishments...


I couldn't think of a way to use the 'handmade with love' on a card so I thought it could be used for a tag to add to a handmade gift.  These acrylic and wooden additions are from the Crafting Is My Super Power Embellish! Set which co-ordinates with the Crafting Is My Super Power clear stamp set, which I've used here for the stamped words.  I die cut two blue tags so I could adhere them back to back for a cleaner finish.  The words were stamped multiple times diagonally across the tag using grey ink.  I punched a hole in the top of the tags and tied the wooden element on using some jute twine.  I then finished by adhering two of the silver glittery acrylic embellishments.  I've found the best way to adhere these is by using Glossy Accents, once that's dry it's going nowhere!


Materials used:

  • Die: MFT Die-namics - Stitched Traditional Tag Stax
  • Stamps: Skull and Cross Buns - Crafting Is My Super Power
  • Ink: Memento - London Fox
  • Accents: Skull and Cross Buns - Crafting Is My Super Power Embellish! set

Challenge entry:

Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge #356 - Anything Goes



And secondly...


I began with a piece of bright pink cardstock slightly smaller than the card base and stamped various hearts from the Brush Hearts clear stamp set using VersaMark ink, for a tone on tone effect.  I then used a heart die to cut two apertures.  I adhered the panel to the card base then adhered a few elements from the Brush Hearts Embellish! set.  Some of the acrylic elements in these sets are smooth and others have designs etched into them, like the lips and 'love you' here.


Materials used:

  • Stamps: Skull and Cross Buns - Brush Hearts
  • Ink: VersaMark
  • Die: MFT Die-namics - Stitched Hearts
  • Accents: Skull and Cross Buns - Brush Hearts Embellish! set


And finally for this post...


I die cut a heart from some tan coloured cardstock and blended some slightly darker Distress Ink in from the edge.  I then used the fabulous Leopard Animal Print Large Stencil and blended through it over the top with black Distress Ink.  Before adhering to the card base I added some triple score lines for a little background interest.  To finish, I adhered two of the elements from the Brush Hearts Embellish set, the heart and the 'mwah', these both being smooth black acrylic.  So, still very CAS and not really any different from using stacked die-cuts :)


Materials used:

  • Die: MFT Die-namics - Stitched Hearts
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Tea Dye, Black Soot
  • Stencil: Skull and Cross Buns - Leopard Animal Print Large Stencil
  • Accents: Skull and Cross Buns - Brush Hearts Embellish! set

Hopefully this gives you a taster of a few products Emily will be bringing to Hochanda next week.  I'll be back with more samples very soon.  Enjoy your weekend, whatever you're up to :)




(AD - some products kindly gifted for design team purposes)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...