Thursday 14 February 2019

Guest Designer for Honey Doo Crafts - Selection Three

Hi there

I'm back this morning to share my final batch of samples as Guest Designer using the latest product release from Honey Doo Crafts, ahead of their shows on Hochanda later today (scroll to the end for the show times and channels).

Amanda designs such beautiful floral stamps, so grab a brew and scroll down to see what I did with them.

For my first two cards I've used the new Spring Time Blooms set, in very different ways.  Here's the first...


I began by stamping lots of the leaves and one of the flowers on vellum and heat embossing in white, then I die cut with the co-ordinating dies.  Before adhering into a wreath shape I lightly drew a circle with pencil on the card base and blended ink through the Mesh stencil.  I erased the pencil line then adhered the leaves with glue dots, overlapping each one.  I then stamped a further flower on white cardstock, blended with Distress Oxide inks and adhered the vellum flower on top to soften the colour.  The layered flower was then also adhered using glue dots.  I stamped a sentiment within the centre of the wreath and added some Nuvo drops to finish.


Materials used:

  • Stamps: Honey Doo Crafts - Spring Time Blooms (and co-ordinating dies), Hopeful and Happy Quotes
  • Stencil: Honey Doo Crafts - Mesh
  • Ink: VersaMark; Distress Oxide - Abandoned Coral, Squeezed Lemonade; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Embossing Powder: Altenew - Pure White
  • Vellum from stash
  • Accents: Nuvo Jewel Drops - Rosewater

Challenge entries:

Happy Little Stampers - February Anything Goes with Dies Challenge
The Flower Challenge - Challenge #29 - Use Your Latest Stamps or Dies




I can't take credit for the design of this next card as I was inspired by a card I saw on Instagram, by Kards By Kristen, who in turn was inspired by a card she'd seen over on the Altenew page.  I loved the tone on tone grey with the metallic embossing so made this next, more CAS version, using the Spring Time Blooms stamps for a completely different look...


I stamped the flowers and leaves, masking in places, using VersaMark on a mid grey cardstock and then heat embossed in silver.  I then added detailing just to the flowers with some grey ProMarkers.  I trimmed the panel down and adhered it to a black card base.  To finish I stamped the sentiment, also heat embossed in silver and die cut it using a stitched rectangle.  This was then matted onto a panel of black and popped up on 3D foam.


Materials used:
  • Stamps: Honey Doo Crafts - Spring Time Blooms, Happy Times
  • Ink: VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Metallic Silver
  • Coloured with ProMarkers
  • Die: MFT Die-namics - Wonky Stitched Rectangles


For the next two cards I used the new Butterflies and Flowers Large Corner stamp and co-ordinating die, this is such an elegant design...


Have you ever had an idea in your head and then once you get going you wish you'd never started?!  Well, that happened here but I'm glad I persevered.  I wanted to do some inset stamping, within the negative space of the die cut, but I greatly mis-judged all the itty bitty in-betweeny bits there were with this die! Yikes!!!

I started with a single white cardstock panel the same size as the card base.  I die cut the design and then laid the panel over the card base.  Using my MISTI (hallelujah for that gadget!) I lined up the stamp in the aperture and then inked it up and stamped the image directly onto the card base.  I then coloured the petals with some co-ordinating coloured pencils.

Then came the fiddly bit...to replace all the negative die cut bits!  The plan was to pop the panel up on 3D foam but this just wasn't possible with so many inset parts.  So, I stamped the sentiment on the panel then adhered it flat to the base.  I then temporarily replaced the positive part of the die cut, glued all the tiddlers in between and then removed the positive part.  It's not as dramatic as I envisioned but it worked...phew!


To finish, I added some smooth silver gemstones to the flower centres.

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Butterflies and Flowers Large Corner (and co-ordinating die); Just in Case
  • Ink: Altenew - Lagoon, Emerald
  • Coloured with Faber Castell Polychromos
  • Smooth gemstones from stash


I once again used the Butterflies and Flowers Large Corner stamp and die here, but the positive die cut this time...


I stamped the image in VersaMark and heat embossed using a pearl powder, why do I do this knowing full well it will be a nightmare to photograph?!  I die cut it with the co-ordinating die and then added some watercolour to the petals using my Zig markers.  On the card base I masked off the bottom and the left borders and faded out some ink blending with Distress Inks.  The sentiment was stamped in grey before popping the die cut up on 3D foam squares.  Below is a much better image, capturing the pearly embossing...


Materials used:
  • Stamps: Honey Doo Crafts - Butterfly and Flowers Large Corner (and co-ordinating die), Hopeful and Happy Quotes
  • Ink: VersaMark; Distress Ink - Picked Raspberry, Spun Sugar; Versa Color - Sky Gray; Zig Clean Colour Real Brush Markers
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - White Pearl


And finally, this last card uses another great floral set called Buds and Blooms...


On a panel of purple cardstock I spread some embossing paste through the Mesh stencil and left this to dry.  On some white cardstock I stamped the flowers and leaves and heat embossed in white.  I then used emboss resist to colour them by blending with Distress Oxide inks.  These were then fussy cut out.  The purple panel was adhered flat and the images were arranged and adhered using glue dots.  I finished by stamping the sentiment onto a die cut flag and tucked this behind the flowers.



Materials used:
  • Stamps: Honey Doo Crafts - Buds and Blooms, Just in Case
  • Stencil: Honey Doo Crafts - Mesh
  • Embossing Paste: Dreamweaver
  • Embossing Powder: Altenew - Pure White
  • Ink: VersaMark; Distress Oxide - Peacock Feathers, Shaded Lilac, Wilted Violet
  • Die: MFT Die-namics - Fishtail Flag Stax



Don't forget, Honey Doo Crafts will be live on Hochanda today (Freeview 85 / Sky 673) at 12pm and 4pm, so tune in if you can to see these great new products in more detail.




Thanks so much for visiting, I hope you've enjoyed my samples.  And I want to send a massive thank you to Amanda and the Honey Doo team for asking me to join them again as Guest Designer :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow Anita, another lovely card you shared with us! All of them are so very pretty here too. Thanks for sharing with us again over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your set of cards are truly stunning Anita! I love them all! The first is so delicate and soft with the use of vellum over the die cut flowers. So pretty and a great design! Thanks so much for joining us at HLS Anything Goes with Dies Challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...