Tuesday 12 February 2019

Guest Designer for Honey Doo Crafts - Selection One

Hi there

I'm absolutely thrilled to have been asked to Guest Design for Honey Doo Crafts once again.

The lovely Amanda Fletcher from Honey Doo will be sharing some fabulous new products, along with some demonstrations, over on the craft shopping channel, Hochanda (Freeview 85 / Sky 673) this coming Thursday, 14 February 2019, at 12pm and 4pm.

Part of the reason I've been a bit quiet on my blog lately is because I've been beavering away behind the scenes playing with these wonderful stamp sets and creating samples for the show.

So, over the next few posts I'll be sharing my cards using these gorgeous new products.


First up, and as the show is going to be on Valentine's Day, I thought I'd share this stunning stamp called Single Rose.

I love these highly detailed floral images that Amanda designs and I love to leave them just black and white, mask them and add detail to the background, which is what I've done for these first two samples...



I stamped the rose stem in black directly onto my card base and stamped a second time on a few post-it notes to create some masks.  Yes, it did take some time to cut out the masks but it's so worth it.  I die cut a heart from some spare cardstock and used the negative space as a mask to blend the heart background with Distress Inks. 


I removed all the masks, stamped a simple sentiment in red ink and added some Raindrops to finish.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Honey Doo Crafts - Single Rose, Just in Case
  • Die (for masking): MFT Die-namics - Stitched Heart Stax
  • Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Distress Ink - Candied Apple, Aged Mahogany; Altenew - Velvet
  • Accents: Little Things from Lucy's Cards - Raindrops

Challenge entries:

Crafty Cardmakers - Challenge #227 - Love, Love, Love
Use Your Stuff - Challenge #347 - Hearts/Pink Red
Always Fun - Challenge #97 - Love/Valentines
AAA Cards - CAS Game #133 - One Layer (Love)




I followed a similar technique on this one, but here I used a stencil to create the backdrop...


The rose was stamped on a panel of white cardstock and masked off with cut out post-it notes.  I then laid the stencil over the image and blended through two Distress Oxide inks.  The panel was then popped up on fun foam and a sentiment strip added, with the sentiment heat embossed in white.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Honey Doo Crafts - Single Rose, Just in Case
  • Stencil: Honey Doo Crafts - Mesh
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black; Distress Oxide - Mermaid Lagoon, Twisted Citron; VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Opaque Bright White

Challenge entry:

The Flower Challenge - Challenge #29 - Use Your Latest Stamps or Dies



Next up, as Spring flowers are certainly starting to make an appearance here in the UK, is the new Daffodils stamp set..



I stamped the daffodils image and watercoloured with Zig markers.  It's difficult to see in this photograph but I blended the background using a cloud stencil, this is a lot clearer in real life.  I stamped the sentiment from the same set.  I added some striped patterned paper to the card base before popping the panel up on fun foam in the centre.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Honey Doo Crafts - Daffodils
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black; Distress Ink - Tumbled Glass; Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers
  • Stencil: MFT - Cloud
  • Patterned Paper: Lawn Fawn - Let's Polka Mon Amie



Next up is Entangled Flourish and for this one I used the spotlighting technique with a raised die cut...


I started with a die cut panel and stamped this gorgeous image in black, and that's how it remained.  On another panel I stamped the same image and then die cut a central section of it with an oval die.  This was then watercoloured using Zig markers.  The main panel was adhered on fun foam to the card base, and the coloured oval was then carefully adhered on top of this, being sure to line everything up with the image underneath to create a seamless design.  You can see the dimension from the angled photograph below...



To finish I heat embossed the sentiment in white and popped the black strip up on a 3D foam strip.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Honey Doo Crafts - Entangled Flourish, Just in Case
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black; VersaMark; Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers
  • Dies: Create a Smile - Double Stitched Rectangles; Lil Inker Designs - Stitched Ovals
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Opaque Bright White

Challenge entry:

Happy Little Stampers - February Anything Goes with Dies Challenge
STAMPlorations - February CAS Challenge - Anything CAS Goes



Last up for this selection is the Carnations stamp set and co-ordinating dies, this one has been available for a while but is also being featured on the show.  This is a bit different for me but I wanted to use these stamps in one of the ways Amanda intended when designing it, using embossed vellum layers...


I chose some yellow vellum I've had in my stash for years, but on reflection I think it was a little too thick for this technique but hopefully you'll see the effects that can be achieved.  I stamped numerous layers of the carnations on the vellum in VersaMark ink and heat embossed in a co-ordinating shade of embossing powder.  I was hoping to achieve the two-tone frilly effect of real life carnations.  These were then die cut with the co-ordinating dies.  Each layer was then manipulated by folding the petals and then glued one at a time to create the cluster.  I stamped the carnation stem on the card base and layered up some patterned paper, with an oval cut away, and topped with an oval stitched frame.  The flower head was then adhered with some strong glue dots and the sentiment stamped at the base.

The following angled photograph shows the dimension in more detail...


Materials used:
  • Stamps: Honey Doo Crafts - Carnations, Daffodils (sentiment)
  • Dies: Honey Doo Crafts - Carnations Outlines Dies; Lil Inker Designs - Stitched Ovals
  • Ink: VersaMark; Versafine - Onyx Black; Altenew - Evergreen
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Aztec Glintz
  • Patterned Paper: Lawn Fawn - Let's Polka
  • Vellum from stash


Thanks so much for visiting.  I'll be back tomorrow with some more of my sample cards made using these lovely sets by Honey Doo Crafts, ahead of the shows on Thursday.


10 comments:

  1. Awesome romantic cards that are full of interesting details and color.The simplicity of the rose and heart card has a deep impact visuality. Thanks for sharing with us at crafty Cardmakers.
    Glenda DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neets, you are a total star!
    Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous intense red heart against the b&W is really powerful. Thank you for playing at AAA CArds

    ReplyDelete
  4. How special does that Honey Doo flower look simply stamped against that stunning red heart. Love it! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you joining in with future challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anita, your cards are incredibly gorgeous; stunning showcases of the new products! WOW!! I may need to case your techniques at some point; I'll send a note to ask permission before hand. You are an awe-mazing source of inspiration!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Anita, you really have been a busy bee!! These are all such incredible cards. And I'm so jealous of your masking skills, its so precise. I can see why you left the flowers uncoloured, they are gorgeous in black and white and have so much detail. And I gotta say, that last flower with the vellum is spectacular. I've never seen this done before and the shine and dimension is incredible. I bet the stamp designer is over-the-moon with your designs and I'm so happy you shared them with us at The Flower Challenge too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your floral cards are all gorgeous! Thank you for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge. We hope to see you back again soon! Karola, DT, InvisiblePinkCards

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards, I particularly like the roses. Thank you for entering our love challenge at CCM. Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your flower cards. I need spring o come soon. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers! Awesome set of cards...your blooms are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...