Saturday 3 March 2018

Less is More Challenge #366

Good morning, crafters!

Apologies that this post is a little late, after being stranded because of the snow and awake for 36 hours I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer yesterday to write this post!  I've now had a good night's sleep and back to normality, apart from my car still being ten miles away at work! lol

So back to Less is More.  Here are the details for this fortnight's challenge...


Definition: Monochrome - 
using only black, white, and grey or tones of one colour


Our wonderful sponsor for this challenge is STAMPlorations and I have three sample cards for you, all using STAMPlorations products.


So, onto my cards...


I stamped the buttercup on watercolour paper with yellow ink and then watercoloured with my Zigs.  It lost some definition so I used an embossing ink pen to highlight some of the outlines of the image and heat embossed in gold.  The sentiment was also heat embossed in gold and I then added some ink splatters using my Zigs mixed with water.  The panel was then adhered to a sunshine yellow card base.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: STAMPlorations - Buttercups and Butterflies
  • Ink: Altenew - Mango Smoothie; VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Metallic Gold Rich
  • Coloured with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers
  • Embossing Pen: Whispers Embossers
  • Cardstock: Yellow from Bazzill Basics assortment

Challenge entries:

Allsorts Challenge - Week 457 - Ladies Only


Card two...



I blended some Distress Inks along the bottom half of my card base.  I then used a stencil, spritzed with water and lifted some colour away  I then used the stencil again and blended another shade of blue through it.  I took a panel of white cardstock and used a stitched die to cut the curve.  I then stamped the butterfly in three shades of blue ink, curved a sentiment and stamped that in dark blue and adhered the panel flat to the card base.

Materials used:

  • Ink: Distress Ink - Salty Ocean, Blueprint Sketch, Mermaid Lagoon; Altenew - Caribbean Sky, Persian Blue, Sapphire
  • Stencil: ARTplorations - Confetti Circles
  • Stamps: STAMPlorations - Blossom like a Butterfly; Clearly Besotted - Message Me
  • Die: MFT Die-namics - Stitched Basic Edges

Challenge entries:

Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge #281 - Anything Goes
My Time to Craft - Challenge #365 - Monochromatic



Card three...



For this one I tried some no line colouring with my coloured pencils.  I stamped the flower onto the card base in a pale yellow ink but found it lost some definition after I coloured it (probably due to my rubbish colouring skills! lol).  I made sure I left the stamp in my MISTI so re-stamped in a coral colour once I'd finished the colouring.  I looked up Heleniums and the centre of the flower should be more of a brown shade but I didn't want to drift too far from the Monochrome theme of the challenge.  A top panel was die cut with a stitched window and the sentiment stamped beneath, and was then popped up on 3D foam.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: STAMPlorations - Helenium Large; Lawn Fawn - Scripty Sayings
  • Ink: Altenew - Buttercream, Peach Perfect
  • Coloured with Faber Castell Polychromos
  • Die: MFT Die-namics - Peek a Boo Window

Challenge entries:

Artistic Impressions - Challenge #194 - Anything Goes/Flowers
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes


That's all from me today.  Please do pop over to the main challenge blog, here, to see the wonderful creations by my teamies and follow their links for more information and possibly more makes too!

16 comments:

  1. 3 wonderful cards, the blue one with the butterfly really caught my eye,love the splatter and then the stencilling on top

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I'm speechless! Awesome inspiration Neets! The first card brightened my day - really made me smile (I love that sentiment), then you give us that incredible inked and stencil spritzed panel (eyes popping out of my head at this point). Finally that amazing, warm and beautiful Helenium - jaw on floor!!! Phew! Sensational inspiration from you. P.S. did you make the last card for Sarah? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three lovely LIM cards and all with lovely colours. Thank you for joining our 'Ladies only' theme this week at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another teamie with three beautiful monochrome cards! So inspiring. Blue is my favourite colour so no surprise, your blue butterfly card stole my heart. Love the layered ink blending with the stencil. And your no line pencil colouring on your last card looks wonderful. Awesome. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three beautiful cards, which are so elegant in their style...they are lovely! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... x

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow Anita
    they are 3 beautiful cards
    I love the first one with all the yellow
    and the butterfly one simply adorable all in blue
    the last one so CAS and beauty
    oh wooww white on white plus that pink heart
    this is an adorable pieces Anita
    LOVE!!!
    many thanks to joining us at ATSM this time
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well despite an impromptu stranded overnight stay in Totnes you're certainly on a roll with your monochromatic cards. Love all these elegant floral / butterfly beauties. So many techniques, gorgeous colouring and perfect takes on the challenge. Hope you have a better week coming up. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blimey, it sounds as if you have had a traumatic time with the snow....I hope the thaw has set in by now! However, your cards are full of sunshine and fab details. I love the sunny yellow of your buttercup and the fab inky effects on your blue butterfly card. However, that last card is just stunning - love your colouring and that stitched frame which I still need to get!! Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these cards. So pretty and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous all three cards! Beautiful designs.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts Challenge.
    Happy Women's Day;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  11. You really are the clean of Queen Anita, all 3 cards are so CAS...Clean and striking! Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More and I look forward to seeing your beautiful cards again soon! Hugs, Gwendolyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards, all monochromatic and different, love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous CAS cards Anita! They are all so pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope the snow melted a bit and you could get your car back. Your cards are all three beautiful and if I had to make a choice it would be "almost" difficult. I say "almost" because the blue always wins for me! This butterfly is beautiful and I love how you did the bottom of the card, it gives movement. I don't have to say that the other 2 cards in shades of yellow-orange are just as beautiful, I particularly like the orange flower in this small stitched window. Such a bright card and full of joy. Enjoy your week ! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning cards. LIM they certainly are. Thanks for sharing with us at My Time To Craft Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for entering our challenge at allsorts Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...