Saturday 25 November 2017

Honey, I Shrunk the Kit - November 2017

Good morning

It's time for another get together with the Honeys, and we've all been creating with another great kit of crafty bits and bobs.  Grab a coffee if you like, there's lots of pics below!



For those of you that don't know what this is all about, one of the gang put together a surprise kit which then gets posted to the rest of us.  We then get creative with the same goodies and share our makes here on our blogs.

The latest fab kit was compiled by the lovely Sarah P of Sazzle Dazzle Crafts and mailed out to the rest of the Honeys...

Hazel Hodgkins - Hazel's Paper Designs
Sarah Gray - Funky Fossil Designs
Shona Chambers - Twine Around
Anita Bowden - Neet & Crafty (that's me!)


Here's what was included in Sarah's 'Sugar Fix' kit...

No automatic alt text available.

Stamps:
Reverse Confetti: Donut You Know (plus donut die)
Neat & Tangled: Say Yes to Donuts
Avery Elle: Pick N Mix (plus dies)
Mama Elephant: Carnival Cupcakes (plus dies)

Other Dies:
L’il Inker: Smile
Mama Elephant: Columbus Circle
Neat & Tangled: Hooray word dies

Other Items:
Hobbycraft Basics: patterned paper
Action Wobbler
Doodlebug: bakers twine
Anita’s: half cut pearls



So, here goes with my makes this time..


Card 1:


I used the Mama Elephant Columbus Circle panel backed with some of the polka dot paper and adhered these flat to my card base.  I then used the Mama Elephant die cut cupcake and teddy bear, coloured with ProMarkers and some clear Wink of Stella and popped the teddy bear up on the action wobbler.  I then die cut the Reverse Confetti sentiment using an MFT stitched rectangle and coloured with the same pink ProMarkers and adhered to the base on 3D foam.

Challenge entries:

Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge #269 - Clean and Simple
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Food and/or Drink (Mama Elephant)
Happy Little Stampers - November Anything Goes with Dies





Card 2:


I used the Reverse Confetti die cuts and sentiment for this one.  I coloured the doughnut and icing with ProMarkers and adhered these together.  Then, using Glossy Accents I adhered lots of the half cut pearls to the icing die cut and then smothered over the top with more Glossy Accents and left overnight to dry.  On a panel of white cardstock I stamped the sprinkles from my own Clearly Besotted 'With Sprinkles' stamp set in grey ink.  The sentiment was die cut with an MFT pierced square die, adhered to the stamped panel and I then suspended the doughnut from the top of the panel using some twine from the kit.  Here's a close up of the gloss and 'sprinkles' on the doughnut.



Card 3:


This was the simplest of all to make.  I adhered some of chevron patterned paper to the card base, leaving a slim border.  I then used a pink ProMarker, close to the colour of the paper, and coloured over the Neat & Tangled Hooray die cut, which was then adhered over the co-ordinating shadow die cut.  I then used a sentiment from my own Altenew 'Celebrate' stamp set which I heat embossed in white on a strip of black cardstock.  The hooray and sentiment were both popped up on 3D foam.

Challenge entry:

Seize the Birthday - Monochromatic




Card 4:


Using an MFT pierced square die I cut the boy image and some of the polka dot paper and layered these up on a card base.  The image was once again coloured with ProMarkers and topped with some clear Wink of Stella.  I then took my Clearly Besotted 'With Sprinkles' set and stamped the sentiment at the base and within the speech bubble, using a die from Clearly Besotted 'You Said It' die set.


Card 5:


On a panel of white cardstock I used some Nuvo Glimmer Paste in Moonstone and spread this through a Hero Arts 'Sprinkles' stencil.  I then coloured the Avery Elle sweet images from the kit and fussy cut these out before adhering around a sentiment from the kit which I die cut with a die from MFT Stitched Sentiment Strips.  The panel was adhered to the base on fun foam and the sweets and sentiment with glue dots.

Challenge entry:

Creative Inspirations - Challenge #283 - Sparkle



I hope you like what I did with the kit, and I'm now ready to go and visit my fellow Honeys to see what they created with the same goodies.

Thanks so much for visiting today, I'll be back shortly with details of the new challenge at Less is More :)

6 comments:

  1. Oh I'm delighted to see how creative you got with my kit Neets and your colouring is awesome throughout ... no need for Copics in my book! Love how you've teamed some of them with your own doughnut sentiments from another kit to add a fun twist. The 'hooray' one is unbelievable simple but so brilliantly striking ... defo one to CASE. Thanks for being such a whizz for inspiration! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anita, these are all so fabulously inventive, as usual! I would love to feel the texture of the sprinkles on the glittery sweetie card. Looks fab! I have to say that I am smitten with your 'donut wreath'. I think I am going to have to CASE that! I didnt quite get my donut to a cardfront, and now I feel inspired to make it happen! And make it into a Christmas card! That chevron Hooray card is simply perfection! Little donut boy looks great in his double frame, and little teddy on his cupcake is adorable. Thanks again for playing HISTK and I look forward to 2018!!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Anita you completely rocked this kit, these are amazing!!!!!!! Love the pink/grey/white colour combo of your first card and the way you coloured the sentiment is so soft. That sprinkle stamped background is so cool and the glossy icing on the donut makes me want one so badly!!The pink and white card is CASalicious and so cleanly put together. The donut boy is coloured so beautifully and the dotted detail around the square die-cuts goes so perfectly with the spotted paper. And finally I'm so in love with the glittery sprinkle background you created, its so cool and is the perfect backdrop for all those sweet goodies. Well done you, I'm always in awe of your talent!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful selection of cards Neets! I love the super cute doughnut and the pearls and gloss looks lovely.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome selection of cards! Love each one of them! Thanks for joining us at HLS Anything Goes with Dies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so many cute cards here
    cant decided which one is the best one
    all are adorable miss lady
    many thanks to joining with us at ATSM this time
    I am sorry for late comment
    hugs
    Monika (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...