Thursday 2 November 2017

Happy Little Stampers November 2017 CAS Challenge

Good evening

I can't believe we're now into November and back with the new monthly challenges over at Happy Little Stampers!  Today marks the start of the November CAS Challenge and it's a pretty easy one this month...



and fabulous for me as it means I've got a another Christmas card in the bag!  Don't forget that if you play along you could be in with a chance of winning a $20 gift coupon to the HLS store, here.

And I'm also getting really excited as in just over a week I'll be off to the Happy Little Stampers Craft Retreat organised by my fab HLS Boss Lady, Kylie.  I'm also looking forward to meeting up with some lovely ladies I met last year, and meeting more online buddies for the first time.  


Ok back to the challenge, here's my DT card...




I started with a piece of standard copier paper, folded it in half and drew and cut out a bauble shape to use as a mask.  I placed the negative space over the edge of my card base, used a circle die cut from a post-it note to mask the moon and then blended the sky and snow banks with Distress Inks, using curved pieces of paper as masks as I travelled down the card.  With the last snow bank mask still in place I stamped the tree in black ink.  All that was then left to do was stamp the bow and string, and the sentiment in the same black ink.  And although this looks quite complicated, it took me about 20 minutes from start to finish!

Materials used:

  • Ink: Distress Ink - Faded Jeans, Seedless Preserves, Black Soot; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Stamps: Card-io - Vintage Christmas (tree); Uniko - Christmas Sparkle (bow and string); Happy Little Stampers - Christmas Joy (sentiment)

Edited to add:

I've had such a great reaction to this card here, and on Instagram, so I'm offering my card up to participants to CASE over at Chasing Holiday Mojo with Sweet Kobylkin.  Can't wait to see if you give this technique a go. CASE away :) x

Blog Party for Card Makers - Chasing Mojo with Sweet Kobylkin

Challenge entries:

AAA Cards - CAS Game #102 - Ink Blending
Crimbo Crackers - Challenge #144 - Quick and Easy
Daring Cardmakers - Blended Backgrounds





So, why not use this as a chance to get another Christmas card or ten made!  You have until the end of the month to play along and can enter as many times as you wish, just remember to keep your projects clean and simple.

And don't forget the numerous other monthly challenges which run each month, these will all be kicking off over the next few days.

Thanks so much for visiting today.

24 comments:

  1. fabulous inkblending and super CAS card, well done! Thank you for playing with us at AAA cards challenges

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful. I love how you have used the bauble shape to act as a stencil for your lovely winter scene. Thanks for joining in at Daring Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just a pure pleasure for my eyes! Absolutely love your card. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at AAA Cards Challenge. - Sweet Kobylkin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Already commented on FB and my response, in seeing it here remains the same: STUNNING! Absolutely x a kazillion STUNNING!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh swoon! Totally stunning! Just love how you’ve created your gorgeous scene inside the bauble shape, awesome! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful soft design, excellent blending and masking x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a gorgeous card Anita! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is stunning and you are so right, it does look very complicated! Oh I do want to try this. I have never mad a one layer Christmas card befor and I really want to. This just might be the one for next year. Gorgeous! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I discovered your card on another blog and totally LOVE this! Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anita, this is my favourite card of all I've seen this week on internet. Why don't you join my blog party Chasing Holiday Mojo? There are links open to add cards for CASEing until end of Monday, Nov 6. Of course, if you like your cards being CASEd. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at AAA Cards Challenge. - Sweet Kobylkin

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just gorgeous! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful, Anita! Have I already commented?!!! Not sure. Had to come by and make sure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anita, I am so delighted to see your card in the gallery for CASEing at Chasing Holiday Mojo. Thank you so much for accepting my invitation! - Sweet Kobylkin

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Anita that is some amazing masking and distress inking! I wish I could have seen a video of it cause it does look complicated even if it only took you 20 minutes! Truly gorgeous card! Thanks for the inspiration. Gwendolyn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Probably the coolest card I've seen this Christmas season (must admit I originally thought it was a 'shroom gracing the left edge) but I'm hoping to give this idea a try soon. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree that this card is stunning !! I love how you moved the bait to the left bank that did not put it centrally. This card is unique and I admire all the techniques you have presented.
    Hugs,
    BożenA

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous design! May have to try out this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is stunning! Congrats on your win at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on your win. This card is absolutely stunning. It took my breath away!

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is fabulous! I love it Neets!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a clever design Anita! Congrats on your win at AAA Cards, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...