Monday 3 July 2017

Muse Challenge #223 - Brushstrokes Butterfly

Hi there

I'm super happy to be your designer over at Muse this week.

I decided to go with a purely stamped card this time.  No complicated techniques at all, just layered stamping mounted onto a black frame.  I hope you can get some inspiration from it.  I chose bright colours and a black image and frame to add a little bit of drama.

I you're not familiar with Muse, the idea is to create your own interpretation of the designer's card each week and create your own version, using whatever inspiration you want; i.e. theme, colours, layout, techniques, etc.



I'm loving the whole turquoise/pink/purple colour combo at the moment and that was my starting point for this card.  I also wanted to use this butterfly stamp that I picked up recently at The Range (a store in the UK) and it cost just 99p...for a photopolymer stamp!

So I started by stamping the brushstroke images in three bright colours, then overstamped the butterfly and the sentiment in black ink.  The panel was then popped up on 3D foam over a black frame.  That was it....super simple!

Here's a close up of that fab butterfly design...



Materials used:

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up - Work of Art; Dovecraft - Spiral Butterfly; Clearly Besotted - To You With Love
  • Ink: Versa Color - Turquoise, Opera Pink, Violet; Versafine - Onyx Black

Challenge entries:

Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes





Thanks so much for visiting today, I hope you have a lovely week.

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Anita! I love all the bold colors behind your black lacey butterfly! Can't wait to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anita....this is so beautiful. Love those vibrant colors, they really look fabulous with your gorgeous butterfly, love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh Ahhhhh! another beautiful creation! I love the bold color with the pop the black butterfly and sentiment makes. Stunning!!

    Thanks again for another wonderful addition to the STB gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anita, gorgeous colors and a fabulous design. I am definitely going to have to play along this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to see you be the feature Designer for the MUSE!!!! Loving this beautiful background for The butterfly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great, bold CAS card! That butterfly stamp is a beauty, too. Very inspiring use of colour.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...