Saturday 8 July 2017

Less is More - Weeks #336 and #337

Good morning, crafters

As usual it's time for a new challenge over at Less is More, but we have something a little different for your this time.

As it's week two of the month we have our usual One Layer challenge (oh, please don't groan! lol) but this one will run for two weeks.  Here are the details...


We want to see you using any colour for your card base, except white.

And as well as this being a two week challenge, we're also linking up with AAA CAS Card Challenge.  So you can enter two challenges in one!



Please pop over to the main LIM challenge post, here, for the full details.  There will be one joint winner for this challenge and you must link up to both LIM and AAA to be in with a chance of winning.  The winner will also be invited to guest design for both challenges!

Happy Little Stampers are continuing as our Sponsor for the month of July, and we have the lovely Kylie joining us as a Guestie this week too, so please do pop over and show her some love.


Right, onto my cards, and I have two for you this week.  And both have just a single image and sentiment, and a similar layout too!

For my first I chose a pretty shade of lilac for my card base, in a textured cardstock...


I used pigment ink for this card as I especially needed the white to stand out.  I stamped the outline of the flower first in white, then used a lilac shade of ink to stamp the second layer.  As it was pigment I had the lilac ink sitting over the white which didn't look right so, once dry I went back over the original outline with more white pigment ink to define it.  Luckily I managed to line it back up ok! Next, using my MISTI I stamped the sentiment in the same lilac, then shifted my cardstock very slightly and re-stamped in white to create a shadow effect.  I finished by splattering some white and lilac watered down ink.

Materials used:

  • Coloured Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Premium Cardstock (assorted pack so shade not known)
  • Stamps: Altenew - Golden Garden; Mama Elephant - Brushed Florals
  • Ink: Hero Arts - Unicorn; Versa Color - Heliotrope


Challenge entries:

STAMPlorations - Summer CAS Card Challenge
Stamping Sensations - July Challenge - Anything with Flowers
CAS on Friday - Challenge #111 - Flowers




For my second card I made a Christmas card (two weeks running!) using stamps by our sponsor, Happy Little Stampers...


I stamped the sentiment and the poinsettia in VersaMark ink and heat embossed with copper powder.  I then used a gold coloured pencil to add the shading to the petals and leaves.  Gold Stickles was added to the centre.  To add some interest I included some score lines along two edges to help ground the image.

Materials used:

  • Coloured Cardstock:  Bazzill Card Shoppe (assorted pack so shade not known)
  • Stamps: Happy Little Stampers - Christmas Joy
  • Ink: VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Metallic Copper
  • Accents: Faber Castell Polychromos - Gold; score lines; Stickles - Gold

Challenge entries:

Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge #249 - CAS
The Flower Challenge - Challenge #10 - Embossing Heat/Dry



So what are you waiting for?  You have two weeks to enter with your clean and simple one layer creations...simple, right?!  I don't work with coloured card bases often so it will be great to pick up some inspiration from our entries this week.

Wishing you all a great weekend!

22 comments:

  1. What a tease you are - implying you had no ideas. These are both perfect. Your lilac one is full of dreamy elements from the subtle card base to the little delicate splatters. A stunning colour choice.
    I just love the detail you've added to the Christmas card too. So much on one layer. Totally classy and sophisticated and great to see you using those posh pencils!!! Have a wonderful week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both so inspiring, Anita! I think I have a gold pencil somewhere, I must dig it out and see if I can do something with it -your result in the poinsettia looks absolutely stunning and beautiful. The score lines add a lot of style too. Very expensive looking card! Your lilac card is very pretty too, great job lining up the outline stamp for second round of stamping! I have recently bought this set and am dying to use this same flower -your example has given me ideas. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so beautifully clean and simple Anita and I love the shadow effect that you've achieved on your sentiment. I also have to say that the Poinsettia stamp on your second card is absolutely gorgeous and it looks really beautiful embossed in gold. Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So clever to add the score lines for grounding! I hope I will remember this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful cards I love them particularly the lavender one so soft and feminine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards Anita ! Different theme but so delicious both of them ! Love the shadows you succeed to do on your Lilac card base and a lovely final touch with the splatters ! The Christmas card is absolutely stunning with the gold embossing over the red cardstock ! Love them both. Have a great weekend and a fabulous coming week !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards, Anita. Love the lilac cand the shadow stamping on your first card. Your Christmas card is so elegant. Love them both. Have a wonderful weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, your cards are so simple and elegant. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Especially the second card put me in a daze. The combination of red and gold is a perfect combination. I also like the embossed lines. Perfect card.
    BożenA xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two very elegant floral creations, many thanks for joining our Flowers theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are both totally gorgeous Anita! The lilac and white of the first card is just *the* prettiest colour scheme and using textured card stock looks fabulous. Loving your elegant, warm Christmas card with that awesome gold shading <3 The score lines are a brilliant touch... how on earth do you find one layer weeks apparently so effortless?! I need some of your ninja OLC skillz! Have a fab weekend/week x

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are both so elegant and pretty, I love them! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are absolutely gorgeous. I love the stamping on colored card stock. I really need to do that. So simple and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are rocking the florals this week, Anita! I love the soft lilac card - the sketchy bloom looks so delicate and fresh. You have lined the stamps up perfectly too. The rich red and gold of your second card is perfect for Christmas and I love the added dimension from the score lines. Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cards here Anita!great shadow stamping on the first one and love the pretty copper embossing on the pink card with the second one. Makes for a great Xmas card.Thank you for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' and we hope to see you again soon ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. That poinsettia is absolutely gorgeous, Neets, and I love the dimension of the score lines. Thanks for sharing this lovely with us at Addicted to Stamps and More.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A duo of stunning, Anita! Your poinsettia...oh my! Swoon-inducing! Thrilled that you shared this gem in the ATSM CAS challenge!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Neets, thanks for your lovely comment on my blog.
    Haha! You do the flowers, I'll do the creatures :-)
    Love these 2 beauties - terrific use of colour and so elegant.
    You make them look deceptively simple.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Two beautiful and elegant cards. Love the colored background, creates such a wonderful look that you don't get with white.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are both fabulous Anita! That Christmas card is super elegant and classy in the rich red and gold. What a lovely poinsettia image! Looks like a really expensive card. The lilac one is so feminine and pretty too (love that we both got a lilac card base in 😁). Sorry I and sooooo, so late commenting - had a nightmare busy time preparing stuff for this U.K. Trip. Ah well, better late than never, eh? xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the iridescence and the delicate colouring on the second card. Both look good against coloured card.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love how you've done the shading on this Anita - so pretty and so much depth to those blooms. I did wonder if I could get away with a one layer using a panel...thought I might be able to get away with it for the challenge. Obviously not lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...