Sunday 8 March 2015

New Kitchen! :)

**Please scroll down if you're looking for the card I shared earlier today**


Hi guys

Anyone that follows me regularly will know that the reason I've been up in the air and unable to craft regularly since the middle of January is because I was having a new kitchen installed.  I had lived with my 1980s kitchen for 14 years and it was the one part of my flat that I hated but was the most expensive and most difficult to update.  But, finally, it's now done so I thought I would share some before and after photos with you.

Unfortunately, living in a one-bedroom flat means that the entire contents of my kitchen had to go somewhere while the renovation work was being undertaken, and that somewhere was my lounge which is also where I craft.  It was a big job, complete strip out, new electrics were needed, the ceiling and all four walls needed plastering, and then the installation of the new kitchen, appliances and plumbing.

This was my lounge for the duration...


That's my crafting spot at the back of my lounge, where my laptop is, right next
to the microwave!

Then I took delivery of the new kitchen - boxes and cabinets
everywhere.  Just a little walkway to the sofa!

It was all worth it though, take a look at the transformation...

Before
After :)


Before 
After :)


Before
After :)

It's pretty much finished now, just some blinds to get fitted and a few finishing touches.  This isn't my dream kitchen - that would have cost about four times more than this haha - but it's one hundred times better than what existed and I've waited a LONG time to be able to get it done so I'm a happy bunny :)

Right, I won't waffle on any longer.  Back to the spring cleaning for me, getting rid of dust in places I've never seen dust before! lol


15 comments:

  1. The kitchen looks great enjoy it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, definitely worth the wait! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, Anita!! It's so modern and svelte and I'll bet you still find yourself running your hand over all the surfaces, don't you? Yes, I know how it is. We finally had ours done 8 years ago after waiting 30 years and I still pat it with love!! Thank you for sharing!! Enjoy! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful kitchen and cupboards so much to fill ...:-) In the kitchen, we spend a lot of time, so now for you it will be a pleasure.
    Regards,
    Bozena

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW...just beautiful. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely kitchen Anita!! Wow ... it looks so amazing. I can just imagine the past few months of navigating your way through your lounge ... but so worth it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow Anita, it looks fab..when are we all coming round for dinner!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks wonderful!
    I always enjoy watching transformations... well worth it... now enjoy!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a difference, you must be so happy with it!! My husband started renovating our kitchen in November last year and I'm still working in a mess. Will be so glad when its done! And now you'll be able to get back to crafting which will make us all very happy indeed, have missed seeing your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your new kitchen!! I'm sure it's rough getting through it, but so worth it when it's all put together! :) Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Anita, I'm Lindsey! First off, congrats on your new kitchen, it's beautiful! Enjoy :) I have a question and would love it if you could email me when you have a chance? Thanks so much, I really look forward to hearing from you!

    lindseyDOTcaldwellATrecallcenterDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! What a marvelous transformation! I love the wood! Enjoy your new surroundings - you deserve it!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...