Thursday 21 August 2014

Let It Snow

Hi there

As promised, here's my third and final card for today and this is also my second entry at Less is More where the theme is 'Animal'.

I found this cute teeny tiny kitty in a stamp set which was free with a publication ages ago.  He only measures one centimetre high...awwwww!




This card kind of evolved as I went along.  I stamped this cute little guy on a scrap of white cardstock and coloured him in with ProMarkers.  I knew I wanted to surround him with snow so I masked him off before using a snow stamp which was actually a little addition in a Christmas sentiment set.  I wanted the snow to show up so I used silver pigment ink and then heat embossed with white powder.  I then got the impression that this little chap needed some sort of ledge to lean on so I used a rectangular die to create a window.  I popped the window up on 3D foam on a textured card base and added some Wink of Stella to his hat.

He looks like he's peering through a window from the cold outside, so perhaps the sentiment should read 'Let me in'! :D

I really love how this turned out, I love the tiny pop of colour against all the white and of course, some Christmas sparkle.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Christmas Capers by Adam Pescott; Paula Pascual - Christmas Messages (snow and sentiment)
  • Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Versa Color - Silver; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Embossing Powder: Stampin' Up - White
  • Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities - Classic Rectangles Large
  • Coloured with ProMarkers
  • Wink of Stella

I'd also like to link this card up at the following challenge blogs:

Creative Card Crew - Challenge #68 - Embossing
Sweet Stampin' Challenge - Christmas in August

And again, just for fun, I'm going to link up at Addicted to Stamps and More where my teamies are hosting the latest CAS challenge.

Phew, ok that's all from me for tonight.  Once I've linked these up I'll be off to my cosy bed!

Nite all :)



22 comments:

  1. Super cute Anita, superbly CAS, completely chic and stunning
    Love it. You're so clever.
    Thanks for sharing at less is more.
    Sarah
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This little guy looks fab peeking through the frame!
    Super, sweet, simple card!
    Thanks again
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anita, this card makes my heart sing! So wonderfully Cas, with sparkle and a cute image x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anita, what a wonderful card. It is sooooo cute, want to go grab gim and bring him home. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comment on my card and for following
    I took a look around your blog and your style is awesome! So, you also have a new follower

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous and so sweet, love your card! :D Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is so cute!! :) Love it, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card 'evolved' beautifully! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww so cute :) love the snow !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous CAS card, Anita. Love the sweet kitty and sparkly snow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute CAS card.Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
    Cass xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute CAS card. Love it.

    Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin'

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...this is about as cute as they come. What a sweet little image.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute! I love everything about this card Anita!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Neet this is totally adorable, love the way it evolved!
    Thank you for joining this week's Less is More Challenge, animals.
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute & CAS perfection :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yo couldn't have chosen a cuter 'animal' for the challenge, and I love your sparkly snowflakes! Love your coloring, too! A darling CAS card, Anita!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute card! The silver embossed detail looks awesome! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful card, thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew with our embossing challenge hugs Tania (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...