Tuesday 12 August 2014

Fairy Silhouette

Hi there

Tonight, I'd like to share a card I've just made for the new challenge at CASology where the cue word is 'Magic'.  

I have very little in my craft stash that would fit this challenge but one stamp set came to mind so this is what I managed to create with it...



For my first attempt at this card I stamped the image last but it didn't stamp clearly enough so that card ended up in the bin and I started again.  This time I stamped the fairy image first and let this dry completely before masking off a section of the card with post-it notes.  I also die cut a post-it note using a circle die to create the moon.  I then gently built up the background with pink, purple and indigo chalks.  I then removed the circle die and gently blended over the moon with pink chalk to make it softer and used some white chalk to soften it more and create some gentle clouds.  I finished the card by adding the sentiment.  I was originally going to add a further sentiment below which said 'believe...' but the stamp was damaged so this became the finished card.  I think I would have preferred to have the sentiment stamped at the bottom but I didn't want to create the whole project again! 

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Lindsay Mason Designs - Magic Happens
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Die: Xcut - Nested Circles
  • Decorating Chalks

That's all for now folks.  Tomorrow I'll be sharing my card for the new challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More so would love it if you'd pop back.

Take care



10 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! Love the soft colors and that fairy silhouette is beautiful! Great sentiment too!!!
    Thank you so much for joining us at CASology this week and for stopping by my blog to leave me some blog love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So GORGEOUS, I had tojump right in and comment, YAY, lovely colors and soft shading!!!!
    Thanks so much for joining us -we LOVE it when you do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, stunning, clever and magical Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous blending and a wonderful image! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is the perfect 'Magical' card! I love your masking and the soft lavender behind the fairy...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anita, your blending of inks is so beautiful...adds to the magic of this lovely silhouette image. Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it as it, Anita - no extra sentiment needed! Your blended strip is gorgeous and perfect with the fairy image! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, gorgeous silhouette. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete
  9. You certainly made magic happen with this gorgeous card, Anita! Congratulations on the well-deserved HM honor from CASology! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...