Sunday 29 June 2014

White Wash Watercolour Just For You

Hi guys

I'm here this afternoon to share a card I've made after seeing the inspiration card at Muse this week, which is a gorgeous design by Beverley Brown at Uniko Studio.

I've also used the white wash watercolour technique which I originally saw a while ago on Beverley's blog here.  I've not tried it before but I really love the effect, although mine is a lot paler than the ones in Beverley's tutorial.  The kraft card I used is quite a pale tone so I wanted to keep the flowers delicate.

I'd love to know what you think.  Here it is...



I stamped the flowers in white pigment ink and then heat embossed with white powder.  Next I squished a white pigment ink pad onto an acrylic block, mixed this with a little water and used a waterbrush to white wash the blooms.  I then did the same with the three coloured pigment inks and gently washed the colour out from the centre of each of the flowers.  I finished off by stamping the sentiment and adding some iridescent gems.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up - Flower Shop, Clearly Besotted - Butterfly Wishes
  • Ink: Versa Color - White, Orchid, Cyan and Canary; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Gems: Kanban - Pastel Bling

Here is Beverley's beautiful card we were to use for our inspiration:




I'd also like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes
CAS on Sunday - Challenge #36 - Birthday
Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge #101 - Anything Goes
Creative Inspirations - Challenge 271 - Clean and Simple


Thanks for popping by.  I hope to be back again later to share more with you.  

Bye for now






13 comments:

  1. such a pretty card - the whitewash really adds that great pastel look

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this take on the Muse - very pretty and a fun technique! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anita. So subtle and lovely with perfectly placed bling. Such a shining example of how gorgeous CAS can be. Thanks for joining us this week at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card! I love those sweet flowers. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that u went with flowers than butterflies and that touch of colors on the flowers is awesome, thank you for sharing with ATSM !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, lovely card, a technique I will try, The flowers are absolutely fabulous.
    TFS hugs Annie

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet...I love your watercoloring and your flowers are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! Love the flowers! Thanks for playing with us at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I saw this is in the gallery and loved the subtle colouring! I really like how you added just a tinge of colour to the centres of these flowers. So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Anita. Delicately beautiful! Stunning card, love your subtle shading. Thanks for joining us this week at ATSM. Monika

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous - a great CAS creation - thanks so much for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week and good luck! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! This is my first thought while seeing your cards. Love the simply look and small delicate elements. Great job!
    Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday.
    Hugs, Macarena DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous CAS card Anita. LOVE this technique and have never even heard of it before ... where have I been??!! :) Loll xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...