Sunday 22 June 2014

Let's Celebrate!

Hi guys

Well, another weekend comes to an end but its been a gorgeous one down here in the South West so I can't really grumble that it will soon be time to return to work in the morning.

The card I'm sharing with you here is one that I've made for the latest challenge at Muse, as well as a few others I'll list further down.  I've missed a few Muse challenges lately so wanted to have a go at this one.  Teals and turquoises are my favourite colours right now so when I saw Marion Vagg's card I knew I wanted to CASE it and here's how I did...


I found a flourish stamp I've never used before, it's from a Hero Arts set which I think was free with a publication ages ago as it has no property packaging.  I teamed this us with some stripes and a sentiment from Clearly Besotted (of course!).  And yes, it's another one layer card!  I can't seem to stop :)  The photo is showing the colours a little bluer than they are in real life, its a little more teal-toned than it looks.  My camera always does funny things with blues and purples, but I'm no photographer so have to just go with the flow! :D

This just involved a little bit of masking over the stripes to stamp the flourishes before I coloured them in with FlexMarkers.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Basic Stripes and Many Messages; Flourish by Hero Arts
  • Ink: Versa Color - Lapislazuli and Turquoise; Memento - Tuxedo Black
  • FlexMarkers: Navy Blue, Surf Blue, Duck Egg


And here's Marion's gorgeous creation.  Mine's not a patch on this!



I am also linking this card up to the following challenges:

CASology - Week 100 - Celebrate
One Layer Simplicity Challenge #6 - I've Been Framed (one layer card with a border or a frame)
Dream Valley - Challenge 84 - Monochrome
DJ Kard Kreations - NBUS Challenge #1 - Celebration ('never before used schtuff' - the flourish and the sentiment)

I hope you've all had a lovely weekend.  Thanks for your visit today, you've no idea how much it brightens my day to know that you've popped by/commented.



13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous interpretation of the Muse card! I wish I'd have tome to play , too.... Thanks Neets for playing with us at Dream Valley Challenges! I hope to see you again here next time! Hugs, Cornelia – DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your CASE of Marion's card. You rock at CAS cards! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you nestled your sentiment in there! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these colours to Anita. Your card is a fabby take on the muse card. Just gorgeous
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure what "not a patch" means, Anita, but it sounds negative, so I am going to disagree! Your card is definitely a patch to the wonderful MUSE card by Marion! I think it is stunning! I thought the stripes were washi tape and to find out you did that with masking and stamping makes me even more impressed! Excellent OLC!! And, of course, I swoon over anything turq/teal colored, too! This is totally a fabulous design!!

    Thank you for linking your card to my NBUS Challenge! I appreciate it very much!! Have a great week! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anita, its a gorgeous card, love the subtle colors and the design is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have 'Cased' this card beautifully and the colourways are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your take on the MUSE card - the flourish is so pretty, and I do like your soft shades of blue. Love the striped borders too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those swirls Neets, great take on the Muse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Anita, your card is so whimsical! I love it. The colors are amazing. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your one layer card, Anita! Actually I thought you used some washi tape on both sides of your card. What a perfect stamping!!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CASology. May

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your card! so clean and pretty!! You did a wonderful job with the CASED card : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both yours and Marion's card are beautiful and the Hero Arts stamp was well worth an outing, and the masking and stamping works wonderfully. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...