Thursday 21 February 2013

Muse Challenge #5

Hi guys

I decided to take a break from decluttering my flat to take part in this week's challenge over at the Muse blog.

This is my take on this week's card...
 
 
 
 
Below is the fab card by this week's Muse, Marion Vagg, from which we were to draw inspiration...
 
 
 
I took inspiration from the horizontals and zig-zags and I love the colours she used but my stash of patterned papers is very limited and I have yet to add any washi tape to my craft cupboard.  So I then thought of a set of stamps I have which look like rows of stitching so I went with that to finish off my card after using colour blocked cardstock.
 
Materials used:
  • Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Premium Cardstock - Orange, yellow, pale blue; Papermania Premium Textured Cardstock - Royal blue
  • Stamps: Hot Off The Press - stitching; Hero Arts - just saying hello
  • Ink: Versacolor - Royal Blue
 
As always, thanks for visiting me today.
 
Take care
 
Neet x
 


14 comments:

  1. Love your color blocking card and the stitching in between looks like real stitching. Cool! Thanks for your comment on my blog today, yes, you need some washi tape. It is so much fun and adds just the right touch to your cards. I will be adding more to my collection real soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anita ... great take on the muse with the colour blocking and subtle use of zigzags! Thanks for your visit and sweet words! Anita in France :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fab hun, and the 'stitching' looks so real!! I don't have washi tape either, and I've been cardmaking for almost 3 years!
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This simplified bold approach is so COOL Anita! The stitching is really effective!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous bold design & I love that faux stitching! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stitched design and bright colors are a sensational CASE of Marion's MUSE card, Neet! Thanks for coming by and commenting, so I could come and find you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Anita! What a wonderful stamp to have - your faux stitching one. Worth searching for me thinks, what make is it please, if you know? :0) Mo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mo

      I bought the stamp set ages ago as part of a kit but have looked it up online and found it for you. Its called 'Stamped Stitches' by Hot Off The Press. There are 16 stamps of different stitch designs, don't know why I don't use it more often :) x

      Delete
  8. Cute cute! I love that you used solid stripes instead of patterned ones! How inspired! :)

    Lauren
    http://landersoncraftydesigns.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Neets, that stitch stamp is fab

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a cute card! I love the colors and the fabulous stitching! Wonderful take on the Muse card this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Neet! This is a great take on the Muse card! Love the colour blocking and stitch detail.

    Thanks for your lovely comment and becoming a follower. Looking forward to getting to know you.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fabulous style! I love these false seams!

    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...