Tuesday 1 August 2023

Uniko July/August 2023 Release - Introducing...Mid Century Modern Wreath Builder

Good morning

I'm here today to introduce the first product from the latest release coming up from Uniko.

It's a new addition to the Mid Century Modern series and a great Christmas builder set...Mid Century Modern Wreath Builder.

Here's my first card...


I began with the elements that I wanted to appear in the foreground, the bow and holly, and I stamped these in pigment ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  These would then resist anything else stamped over the top.  This saved having to stamp and fussy cut them.  So I stamped the two parts of the bow in red and pink, and then the holly.  Once embossed I then stamped the two background parts of the main wreath.  I then stamped the sentiment, also from this set, in black ink before die cutting the panel and mounting onto a green card base.


Materials used:
  • Stamps: Uniko - Mid Century Modern Wreath Builder
  • Ink: Versa Color - Cardinal, Petal Pink, Evergreen, Green Tea; Altenew - Evergreen; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Clear Gloss
  • Die: Create a Smile - Cool Cuts Double Stitched Rectangles


And for my second card I used the holly elements from the set to create a background...


I tried to keep the colours of the design in a classic Mid Century Modern colour palette, hence why the berries are orange not red.  I'm not sure if that translated but I kinda like it :D  The busy background isn't my style at all but I love it and it was worth the effort making it all fit!  The sentiments are also from this set.

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Uniko: Mid Century Modern Wreath Builder
  • Ink: Altenew - Moss, Olive, Autumn Blaze, Firebrick, Lagoon, Desert Night
  • Die: Create a Smile - Cool Cuts Double Stitched Rectangles


And my final card using this set is a super simple one...


Just straightforward stamping on this one.  All one layer and then to finish I used my score board to create double score lines around the edge, avoiding the stamped images.

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Uniko - Mid Century Modern Wreath Builder
  • Ink: Altenew - Aqualicious, Orange Cream, Autumn Blaze, Lagoon, Desert Night; Versafine Clair - Nocturne


For more projects by the talented Bev and my fellow Brand Ambassadors, please do pop over to the main Uniko blog, here, to see this new stamp set in action.

The new products will be available to purchase from the Uniko website from 6 August at 9.00am BST.

I'll be back with more inspiration using another of the new products tomorrow.



3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colours for your first card and what clever use of the smaller elements of the stamp set for your other cards. Love the all over holly one! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bright and jolly holly panel, great ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...