Thursday 1 June 2023

Uniko May/June 2023 Release - Introducing....Stencil: Layering Bauhaus Blocks Builder

Good morning

It's the final introduction from the latest release coming up from Uniko, and this is a fabulous one!

The second product inspired by Bauhaus art is a new stencil set...Layering Baushaus Blocks Builder.  I had such fun creating designs with this and it's so easy to line up and has so many options, I think you'll love it!


Here's my first card, where I've used the stencils to create an entire background pattern...


This one took a fair bit of stencil shifting to fill the entire background but it was worth the effort, I love the result.  I used a neutral shade of cardstock from my stash, not quite kraft, more of a light khaki shade, and I knew I wanted to use white as one of the ink colours.  So I picked out two more shades and gradually built up the design, switching the layers and colours.  I finished the design by heat embossing the sentiment in white, from the Bauhaus Blocks stamp set which was introduced yesterday.

Materials used:

  • Stencil: Uniko - Layering Bauhaus Blocks Builder
  • Stamp: Uniko - Bauhaus Blocks
  • Ink: Hero Arts - Unicorn; Distress Oxide - Speckled Egg, Saltwater Taffy; VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: Brutus Monroe - Alabaster
  • Die: Altenew - Featured Sentiments Die Set


And for my second card I decided to go with a monochrome design using shades of green...


Here I used the stencils as they come, no masking or adding to the design.  On a green die cut panel I built up the design using three shades of Distress Oxide inks and stamped the sentiment in black, from the new Bauhaus Blocks clear stamp set.

Materials used:
  • Stencil: Uniko - Layering Bauhaus Blocks Builder
  • Stamp: Uniko - Bauhaus Blocks
  • Ink: Distress Oxide - Iced Spruce, Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn; Verafine Clair - Nocturne
  • Die: Create a Smile - Cool Cuts Double Stitched Rectangles


And for my final card I went a bit rogue using just two parts of the layering stencils in bright colours...


I chose the dots and stripes sections of the stencil and masked off these sections to create a border using three bright shades.  The sentiment was stamped in black, from the new Bauhaus Blocks set, and I matted and layered the panel, picking out the teal shade to create a slim border.

Materials used:
  • Stencil: Uniko - Layering Bauhaus Blocks Builder
  • Stamp: Uniko Bauhaus Blocks
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers, Wilted Violet; Versafine Clair - Nocturne


To see this layering set in action, my fellow Brand Ambassadors are sharing more projects over on the main Uniko blog, here.

The new products will be available to purchase from the Uniko website tomorrow, 2 June at 9.00am BST.

I'll be back tomorrow to reveal the release in full.  Thanks so much for stopping by.


4 comments:

  1. I've been admiring all the cards to introduce the new release. I had to come by and leave you all comments. Love, love your cards. And the soft, pastel card you showed first today is just so beautiful. Fab work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the soft pastel one on kraft, gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love the colours of the first card…😍
    Your other cards are beautiful too, you have such a beautiful solid finish to the stencilling. Looks amazing! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all lovely and inspirational. I particularly love the first one and especially the colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...