Saturday 12 November 2022

CASE Me a Christmas Card with Michelle Lupton

Hi there

The lovely Michelle Lupton has invited me to join her once again in her CASE Me a Christmas Card Series.  I'm so thrilled to be part of Michelle's series again.  CASE can either stand for 'Copy and Share Everything' or 'Copy and Selectively Edit'.  The aim is to take inspiration from any card made by the other and make a Christmas card.




I had a scroll through Michelle's lovely creations and landed on a card I thought would work well using a die from my stash...


I began with a die cut rectangle and found the central point and ink blended out from the centre with green ink, fading it out.  I then die cut the holly wreath from black cardstock and adhered this in place over the inked background.  I then stamped and heat embossed the large sentiment in gold on a strip of black cardstock and trimmed the edges down using the same stitched die so it would sit in position across the card front.  I thought about adding some berries to the wreath but decided to leave it as just green, black and gold.


Materials used:
  • Dies: Create a Smile - Cool Cuts Double Stitched Rectangles; Tonic - Holly Bouquet
  • Stamp: Clearly Besotted - Brushed Greetings
  • Ink: Distress Oxide - Rustic Wilderness; VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Metallic Gold Rich


And here is Michelle's gorgeous card, the photo is shared with her permission... 



I changed the orientation of the card to portrait, I felt that worked better with the circular die.  Just changed up the ink colour and switched the sentiment to gold for a more festive feel.  

I'm now off to her blog to see which of my cards she chose to CASE.  You can find her post, here.


Thank you so much for taking a look and thank you once again to Michelle for inviting me to take part.  Her series has been running since October so why not take a look at

CASEing cards is a great way to craft if you need a creative nudge, just remember to give credit to the original designer.


2 comments:

  1. So dramatic with the black and green, and the gold sentiment is perfect! Thanks so much for being my guest :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...