Saturday 4 September 2021

Less is More Challenge #451

Hi guys

At Less is More this morning there is a Theme challenge just starting.  Here's the cue card for this fortnight's challenge...





A pretty simple theme, just add some sparkle to your clean and simple designs.


And joining us as a wonderful Guestie for this challenge is the super talented Viv of Daizy-Mae Designs.  Viv is a loyal participant at Less is More and I'm sure many of you are familiar with her beautiful work.  Please do pop over to take a look at her project and to say hello.


I've not even begun my Christmas cards for this year so thought it was good time to get at least one made!  Here's my DT card and I decided to make a shaker...


I started with a die cut rectangular panel and then die cut using the snowglobe to form an aperture.  A then cut a second snowglobe from white glitter cardstock and set this aside.  Next I stamped the sentiment in dark green ink.  I adhered some acetate behind the window and covered the rear of the panel with 3D foam.  Next I die cut some trees from green cardstock and added some 'snow' using a white pen.  I adhered these to the card base, positioned so they would show through the aperture.  I then piled some glitter jewels over the trees and spread it out slightly before then adhering the panel over the top, trapping the shaker filling inside.  To finish, I adhered the white glitter snowglobe die cut over the acetate to frame the scene.


Materials used:
  • Dies: Create a Smile - Cool Cuts Double Stitched Rectangles; Clearly Besotted - Snowglobe Die; Craft Emotions - Pine Trees
  • Stamp: Clearly Besotted - Mini Messages
  • Ink: Altenew - Evergreen
  • Accents: Cosmic Shimmer - Glitter Jewels: Iced Crystals; Signo Uniball pen - white
  • Cardstocks and acetate from stash


For more inspiration, take a look at the main Less is More challenge post, where my teamies are sharing lots of different ways to use sparkle and, surprisingly, only one of my teamies has also made a Christmas card!  Sparkle isn't just for Christmas, eh!


2 comments:

  1. LOVE your little twinkly snowglobe for the LIM DT

    Happy Saturday

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE this, Anita. Love that sparkly globe and frosty trees in your wonderful shaker! Wonderful make for our challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...