Saturday 15 May 2021

Less is More - Challenge #443

Hi guys

At Less is More we thought it was about time we did another Sketch challenge so here are the details for the next fortnight's challenge...




Sketch challenges are my least favourite, I just find them more difficult than any other, but I actually embraced this one and made it a one layer too!


I stamped the coffee cup image first then created a mask over it, as well as masking off the rectangle.  I lightly blended the background then, with a slightly different shade, inked through a splatters stencil.  I then stamped the coffee words and beans in brown shades, removed all the masks and finished by stamping the sentiment and the steam from the cup in black.


Materials used:
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Warm Wishes; Sugar Pea Designs - Espresso Yourself
  • Stencil: Tim Holtz - Splatters
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Ground Espresso, Frayed Burlap; Altenew - Espresso, Mocha; Versafine - Onyx Black

Challenge entries

Alphabet Challenge - C is for Coffee or Chocolate
STAMPlorations - May CAS Challenge - Anything CAS Goes




As always, there's two weeks to play along so why not join us for this sketch challenge.  My teamies are sharing lots more inspiration over at the main challenge blog.


5 comments:

  1. I love this CAS card. I may case this in the future. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful CAS card. I love this. So glad you shared over at Alphabet challenge.. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic CAS card design! I love your masking choices and the simple palette! This is wonderful! Thanks so much for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge "C" for coffee (or chocolate!)
    Rachelle DT : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you constructed this one, Anita. Leaving the cup uncolored was a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing card. At first glance, I thought that the rectangular panel was patterned paper. I love that you created it so beautifully. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations CAS.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...