Saturday 20 February 2021

Cocktail Shaker

Hi there

I don't usually write blog posts on a Saturday night but, quite frankly, what else is there to do?!  This pandemic has changed our lives so much hasn't it?  I might open a bottle of wine shortly (actually, there's no 'might' about it) but I'm certainly not going anywhere, just for a change!

Anyway, I thought I'd share a card I made earlier this month for a friend's birthday, so here it is, a fun little shaker card...


In my die cut upper panel I die cut an aperture with a cocktail glass die.  I then stamped the sentiment.  Sentiments are usually the last thing I add but once the foam is added on the reverse of a shaker panel it's more difficult to stamp cleanly.  The die has an inner section too so I cut it again from some silver glitter cardstock.  I then adhered this glitter die cut on the uppermost side, over the acetate.  I made the shaker window in the usual way: acetate, double sided foam barrier surround, filled with fun confetti and then sealed on the reverse before adhering to the card base.


Materials used:
  • Dies: Create a Smile - Cool Cuts Double Stitched Rectangles; Xcut - Cocktail Glass
  • Stamp: Clearly Besotted - Floral Spray
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Glitter cardstock from stash
  • Accents: Little Things from Lucy's Cards - Sprinkles: Let's Polka


Thanks so much for visiting, I'll be back very soon with more to share.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend and stay safe.



2 comments:

  1. Love your shaker card! Yes it's all changes, all evenings are the same. But thankfully it's like spring at the moment, live's much better when the sun is shining! Hugs Ela

    ReplyDelete
  2. So elegant with a touch of fun!! Great card...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...