Saturday 15 August 2020

Less is More Challenge #426

Good morning

At Less is More our new challenge is all about...


I never feel confident enough to hand draw anything directly onto my card but I had a go here and after practicing a few times on some scrap paper I'm quite pleased with the result.

Here's what I did...

A simple one layer card this time where I've used a stencil to create the background pattern with ombre inking.  I then used a black fineliner pen to hand draw the botanicals.  A simple sentiment stamped in black and it was finished.

Materials used:

  • Stencil: Clearly Besotted - Pretty Petals
  • Ink: Distress Oxide - Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Stamp: Clearly Besotted - Mini Messages

Challenge entries:

CAS on Friday - Challenge #186 - Nature
NBUS - Challenge #17 (new stencil)
Make My Monday - Challenge #128 - Clean and Simple


This challenge is open for a fortnight so why not join us, grab those pens and add some hand drawn detailing to your projects!


9 comments:

  1. This is great, Anita. I was nervous about this one too - I am not much for hand drawing on my cards either. I love the ombre inking and your botanicals turned out greta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can think of saying is WOW. You drew these botanicals...how wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stencil is awesome and perfectly inked. Your doodling is fabulous! Such a CAS card, but it has such a big impact. Thanks for playing along with us at Make My Monday challenge. Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, well done, Anita! I love the ombre blending with your fab stencil and I swear I have botanical stamps very like that! What a cool challenge brief. It will get a lot of us finding out we have every right to be more confident in our drawing ~ like I hope you are now!! Thank you so much for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your doodling is stunning Anita!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we were all very nervous with this theme but I really love your beautiful CAS design here. You did a wonderful work here and it is such a serene card ! Hope you're fine and that coming back to work was not too hard. Have a great week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so classy, Anita and I love the pretty ombre background for your pretty sprigs. Hope the return to work has gone well!
    Take care,
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is oh so pretty, Anita. I love the large petals that you've drawn on to. Beautiful stencilling and lovely doodles x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...