Saturday 4 July 2020

Less is More Challenge #423

Good morning

Less is More is back with a new challenge today and we have a Colour challenge for you this time.  Here are the details...



Our generous sponsor for the month of July is CAS-ual Fridays Stamps so by playing along will put you in the running for our monthly prize.



I found this colour combo a bit daunting when I first saw it but then ended up making two cards!  Here's the first one, super simple...


I'm a bit addicted to using a stitched upper panel aren't I!  All of the images and sentiment were from the same set, all stamped here in black, and the images were coloured with ProMarkers.  The panel was adhered on foam and...that's it!

Materials used:
  • Stamps: MFT - Adorable Elephants
  • Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black
  • Die: Create a Smile - Cool Cuts Double Stitched Rectangles
  • Coloured with ProMarkers


Now, this next one took a while but I love the result...


I had this stamp set on my wish list for a very long time and eventually bought it (together with lots of other bits that fell into my online basket!).  This layering set is beautiful but there are so many different parts to stamp, and I didn't manage to align some parts perfectly in places but overall I'm happy with it and will be trying it with different colour combos.  Once stamped the flowers and leaves were die cut with the co-ordinating dies.  They were layered onto a die cut rectangular panel (shocker!) and the sentiment was stamped in a matching grey before popping the panel up on fun foam.

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Altenew - Build-a-Flower: Peruvian Lily; Simon Says Stamp - Birthday Messages
  • Ink: Altenew - Razzleberry, Rubellite, Pinkalicious, Warm Sunshine, Maple Yellow, Honey Drizzle, Sunkissed, Paper Bag, Lava Rock, Industrial Diamond, Silver Stone, Limestone
  • Dies: Altenew - Build-a-Flower: Peruvian Lily; Create a Smile - Cool Cuts Double Stitched Rectangles


As always, the challenge linky will stay open for a fortnight.  And if you need more inspiration, please do pop over to the main challenge blog and take a look at the great makes from my teamies.  I'm looking forward to seeing the gallery of this colour combo!

4 comments:

  1. Two terrific cards Anita. I adore your little elephant and the flowers a simply fabulous. Great use of the colours.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 wonderful cards, Anita. The first is adorable. Love the way you used the colors. The second is quite stunning. I love the way the gray looks on the leaves. Fantastic make and take on the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW! You have rocked the colours Anita! That Peruvian lily is incredible! Oh dear...I feel the need to spend again ;-). Your little Nellie is just the cutest, adorable card too. Fantastic! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Anita, the second card is SO impressive and works brilliantly with the colours. But I must confess my heart has gone to that cute little elephant who is obviously fascinated by the butterflies - bit like that scene in Bambi! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...